24,458 ft. = 4.6 miles distance!!!

Reaction score
My DJI flight log has recorded me flying my Phantom 4 a distance of 24, 458 ft.
I entered that distance in my conversion app and it calculated it to be equal to 4.6 miles (I had full signal strength, a clear video stream and RTH never engaged!) How could that be when the maximum distance DJI lists the Phantom 4 is 3.1 miles?
11d15549ddba1797cadb3df2bd27694d.jpg

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Just as Wid da Birds asks. My longest flight is 52,624' which is 9.66 miles, WAY more than 3.1 mile range on the Phantom 4 controller. The farthest distance my Phantom 4 was from my controller, however, was 26,243' which is less than a football field less than 5 miles. The 3.1 mile rating is the distance from the controller to the bird in really good conditions.

I'd like to see that advertisement stating a 4.5 range. Most of the posts from Phantom 4 owners that I have read regarding distance flying have been disappointment about max distances less than 3 miles. I thought maybe I had a "freak" Phantom 4

The p4 is 3.1 miles and p4pro is 4.3 miles ....op was that total? Or just one way.... Looks like you went out and came back. The range they advertise is only for one way . Not both ways. so u would have to do close to 33000.

Reactions: Suhail78
The p4 is 3.1 miles and p4pro is 4.3 miles ....op was that total? Or just one way.... Looks like you went out and came back. The range they advertise is only for one way . Not both ways. so u would have to do close to 33000.

Oh! I now understand that the 24,000+ft. is the maximum distance travelled, not the furthest distance from the controller. After watching my flight log, it looks like the max distance from the controller was 1,523 ft. which makes sense because I could clearly keep the Phantom 4 in my line of sight which wouldn't have been the case if I had flown 4 miles away! Duh! Feeling slightly stupid! [emoji28]

Last edited:
The pic you posted, the distance is "total distance", of that flight.(accounts for the distance of everywhere you flew) Upload that flight to healthy drones and it will give you a max distance of that flight.

Sent from my XT1585 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Correct....and what dji means is ex; p4p max distance one way is 4.3 miles .....now sure u could do a bunch of circles and zigzag and get 50,000 ft. But u never went to far from remote/home point. .. sooo what they mean is distance from home point max is 4.3

It doesn't mean how far away you have flown from the controller it the total amount of flight time you have done you could fly round a field loads of times and the distance you have flown will keep going up! :)

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Ok I am confused now I flew 11,183ft and I dove my jeep the same distance and it was right at 2 miles??
Please explane

Attachments

• Flightlog 11-20-16.PNG
    Flightlog 11-20-16.PNG
    1.1 MB · Views: 519
i got over 19,000 ft out of the box with my stock P4 when i first got it, since then i've upgraded the antenna for better signal strength and push it further...which i've done..nothing like the top guys on the leaderboard , but i'm on it none the less

So does the leader board go off of flight distance, or distance traveled, and do they have a stock, and modded list, or is it just one together?
I've been playing around going 16-17k with some strong head winds, I'd like to see how close I could get to 4 miles. 20,800ft, eeks thats a long ways from 17k.

Apples and Oranges conversation--but easy to misconstrue the meaning "top distance". My longest is a modest 11,000 meters. But I just passed the one million meter mark over 240 flights. So averaged 6 m/s and 4000 meter flights. pretty dull :( I average 50 stills per flight---. My best stat? Original set of props. 1000 km (620 miles). That's like flying from Portland OR to San Fransisco----a 45 hour flight at a whopping 13 mph. I ran out of peanuts way back there.

Apples and Oranges conversation--but easy to misconstrue the meaning "top distance". My longest is a modest 11,000 meters. But I just passed the one million meter mark over 240 flights. So averaged 6 m/s and 4000 meter flights. pretty dull :( I average 50 stills per flight---. My best stat? Original set of props. 1000 km (620 miles). That's like flying from Portland OR to San Fransisco----a 45 hour flight at a whopping 13 mph. I ran out of peanuts way back there.
Yeah my stats aren't as good, but when I got my drone back in October, that was my first ever drone. So I took it easy, plus we had a month in that time frame, I was away, plus I didn't realize when you delete some flight logs, it takes away from your total distance.. oops. lol
I'll get there, looking forward to better weather.
I live on a lake, and always have something to battle.

Attachments

• IMG_6609.JPG
    IMG_6609.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 346
My DJI flight log has recorded me flying my Phantom 4 a distance of 24, 458 ft.
I entered that distance in my conversion app and it calculated it to be equal to 4.6 miles (I had full signal strength, a clear video stream and RTH never engaged!) How could that be when the maximum distance DJI lists the Phantom 4 is 3.1 miles?
11d15549ddba1797cadb3df2bd27694d.jpg

That is the distance of the entire flight not what you flew in a straight line away from controller ,

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl