$20 amazon signal amplifiers?

EJY

Reaction score
A few days ago I was browsing amazon and saw what appeared to be a parabolic signal boosters for the phantom 3 standard and advanced controllers.

f6456e296e233d4a64c2ef48970e40a7.jpg

I decided that for $10 of my own money (had a $10 credit from a previous return), I'd try it to see what happens. Plus the reviews on the product were fairly positive and clear. I'm not expecting DBS or maxxuav type results.

They just came in today and they literally slip over the antennas
62a07cef660c4b632cf5e29bf89e2686.jpg

I'm gonna try them tomorrow. Being a relatively new flyer, I may not notice much of anything, but I do get connectivity issues when at my urban university campus, so maybe it'll help a little even though I know for a fact it's not gonna be as good as being in the middle of nowhere.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I have these.. they work but they make it easier to lose signal if you are not pointing straight at the bird.. if you are planning of flying in a straight line, they are awesome. I can't wait to see what you have to say

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those essentially funnel the whole signal into one direction so if the controller is not facing the drone, signal is gone. Nice setup you have there ;)

Okay so other than one snafu when I was taking off it was actually successful. I was able to go a farther before losing signal, and it started to get weak about 700ft out. Which is nothing if I had open space, but still I'm happy with it haha.

The snafu was when I took off, the bird began acting as if it was doing a RTH to its home where I flew it yesterday... any input I had acted like it was RTH where user inputs aren't as fine. It woulda been fine if it wasn't about to fly into my house. Luckily i had just enough influence over the bird to make it clear it. I noticed the satellite signal wasn't super strong but I'm not sure what caused t to act that way.

Those essentially funnel the whole signal into one direction so if the controller is not facing the drone, signal is gone. Nice setup you have there ;)

Hahaha thanks! I got done building that earlier in February lmao. I was actually swapping some fans out which was why the panel was open [emoji28]

Hahaha thanks! I got done building that earlier in February lmao. I was actually swapping some fans out which was why the panel was open [emoji28]

Thought you had Hillary's service there for a minute, lol. If you're not from the states, you might not get it.

So my question is this: using the parabolic covers, do I have to have my antennas pointing 90 degrees up? Or could I tilt them down?

Nah man I got it lmao. I've lived in Alabama all my life

You can add your location to your profile if wanted. You can just put USA if wanted. Sometime it helpful knowing if someone's from the states or not. The RC on the Phantoms have different power setting here in the states, so it can sometimes be helpful info.

So my question is this: using the parabolic covers, do I have to have my antennas pointing 90 degrees up? Or could I tilt them down?

If you're flying somewhere out in front of you, not right above your head. Leave them just the way you have in the pic above. And very important that you face the drone, with those parabolic looking at the bird.

If you're flying somewhere out in front of you, not right above your head. Leave them just the way you have in the pic above. And very important that you face the drone, with those parabolic looking at the bird.

Will do [emoji106] they did make the bird a more responsive. So for $20, I'm really not complaining

I use mine anytime I go over 1/4 mile. Got up to 3/4 mile using mine, got scared, and came back.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using PhantomPilots mobile app
Ha. Use no enhancements on mine yet. Got brave and went 700 ft yesterday then got scared and came back. Thinking I might maybe, possible, not sure though try a full range test tomorrow along a wide open turnrow tomorrow. Maybe

Ha. Use no enhancements on mine yet. Got brave and went 700 ft yesterday then got scared and came back. Thinking I might maybe, possible, not sure though try a full range test tomorrow along a wide open turnrow tomorrow. Maybe

I mean, depending on your settings the bird will either return to home, hover in place til the battery dies, or land immediately once RC signal is gone

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20