2 Vis. Plus W/BCG eBay gimbal..no pitch control ARGHHHHH

Reaction score
I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE LOL.....I have searched and watched every friggin video I can find and everyone simply hooks up 1 stupid wire and voula, instant gimbal pitch control..Not me folks. I have tried every wire sent, every position on the gimbal and NAZA, I made sure the RC is set to upgraded remote on the DJI assistant and although the gimbal works great I still have no pitch control. PLEASE PLEASE anyone have any other ideas I am at a loss at this point. And of course there appears to be no repair places in the greater Orlando Fl. area that are still in business...

Sorry for the rant but I truly am at my wits end.

Hey
I'm Sarasota, a bit west and south of you, I might be able to help!

First these are VISION PLUS CRAFTS? Right?

Next
Can you please send some pics of your gimbal, wiring, and hookups you've done? ( gimbal & Craft )

(. As well as Tx, Dial wheel Or 7th channel mod ( lever on rear X1 port?

Have you set your gimbal gain to 0 or 20 ?
( in Pc assistant ( gimbal Tab )

Also your End points on the gimbal pitch Up-Down ( min-max pitch )

Are you powering it seperately? Or jumping power through pitch port?

If you can provide a bit more info as described above, I'll get you going! If not I'll build you a set of plug-n-play wires!

No worries my friend,
I spent MONTHS, fooling with gimbals, simpleBGC boards and software, from cheap china ones, CNC ( nicer china ones ), to rotorpixel gimbals!
I was just like you
Ready to just smash it to pieces, but once I figured it all out, I found I was thinking too hard, as it really is quite simple, if you understand it, and how the software works!

Either way Glad to help!
J Dot
:cool:

Reactions: AMGINE
Worst case scenario, during your experimenting you've damaged the board

Thank you for responding, I will get it hooked up all ip and get those nunbers and pics. Again thank you sook much !

Hey
I'm Sarasota, a bit west and south of you, I might be able to help!

First these are VISION PLUS CRAFTS? Right?

Next
Can you please send some pics of your gimbal, wiring, and hookups you've done? ( gimbal & Craft )

(. As well as Tx, Dial wheel Or 7th channel mod ( lever on rear X1 port?

Have you set your gimbal gain to 0 or 20 ?
( in Pc assistant ( gimbal Tab )

Also your End points on the gimbal pitch Up-Down ( min-max pitch )

Are you powering it seperately? Or jumping power through pitch port?

If you can provide a bit more info as described above, I'll get you going! If not I'll build you a set of plug-n-play wires!

No worries my friend,
I spent MONTHS, fooling with gimbals, simpleBGC boards and software, from cheap china ones, CNC ( nicer china ones ), to rotorpixel gimbals!
I was just like you
Ready to just smash it to pieces, but once I figured it all out, I found I was thinking too hard, as it really is quite simple, if you understand it, and how the software works!

Either way Glad to help!
J Dot

Reactions: J Dot
Had it all hooked up suddenly had pitch control, hit the write button and the gjmbal starting shaking

20171104_180132.jpg
20171104_180132.jpg
20171104_180108.jpg
20171104_180116.jpg
20171104_180122.jpg

I was not aware you are using alexmosSimpleBGC software,
I wish you told me first!

Anyhow,
These gimbals come set from the factory and each is different! Usually you save already saved profile ( if you did this than GREAT, just reload the profile )
If not we are in for a ride!
You must understand PID's , and is VERY complicated!

In one page of BGC software there is a frequency bar ( a horizontal line ) tells how things work together the smoother and straighter the line is the better, oh and to add there are several levels indicated by color! None are ever PERFECT per-say, but if you can get it close the gimbal should work great!

It's been a while since I fooled with it, but I'll try to hook my china gimbal tonight, and see if I can get you some settings! ( from mine ) although will be different , might get you close!

Watch the YouTube ( Alex moss simple BGC WALKTHROUGH ). Might have to watch a couple times, to understand it all! But will help you along the way, be back soon!

J Dot

Reactions: AMGINE
I swiped the info from an old post to my buddy Justin ( crash ) but here is the original post ( most likely more informative than my cut and pasted post above, with pics and not attatchments!

New Rotorpixel

Let us know!

J Dot

HOLY COW !! I think this finally did it !! I copied every screeshot and wrote the new numbers and it FINALLY works !!! I can't wait to get it up for a flight tomorrow and see if it still works, cannot thank you enough 1!!

Lol
AWESOME! Remember to save new profile, that way if you TWEAK it later, and get something wrong, you can go back!

Take care, Fly safe!
J Dot

I saved it immediately LOL Going for a test flight shortly again cant Thank you enough !!!

I saved it immediately LOL Going for a test flight shortly again cant Thank you enough !!!

Just to add one more thing, in the assistant for the gimbal there are pitch control settings, they must be set to zero otherwise the Naza will try to correct the pitch and the camera will tilt funny in flight. Otherwise well done for getting it working, now look out for a rotorpixel gimbal as they are a great unit to have and look so much better than the Chinese ones

Lastly if your using the white rubber balls swap them out for stiffer black ones and use the red and yellow laser cut ear plugs stuffed inside it makes for a better video from my experience

Reactions: J Dot

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl