2 solid red lights. 2 blinking yellow. What does it mean?

Reaction score
Hey, anybody know what this means? I took it over to Shanghai, got the p3 out of my case and it's had two red lights on since. It's ruining my footage and can't find out the problem on the colour charts others have provided. Thanks for any help.

Derry

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    730.9 KB · Views: 2,103
When my craft is blinking white/yellow lights, it means I need to turn on my controller.

I can't remember if the red lights are on or not. My guess is that they would be off.

If you're flying around like that, IIRC, it's either telling you it's in RTH or it's telling you it has lost GPS.

Last edited:
When my craft is blinking white/yellow lights, it means I need to turn on my controller.

I can't remember if the red lights are on or not. My guess is that they would be off.

If you're flying around like that, IIRC, it's either telling you it's in RTH or it's telling you it has lost GPS.

Ah I think maybe the yellow lights stop flashing but the red solid ones remain on when I launch the p3 zzzz

The red lights are supposed to remain on. They are aircraft positioning lights indicating the front of the Aircraft. They can be turned off in the app, but do so cautiously. You can become disoriented in visual position at night.

Ah I think maybe the yellow lights stop flashing but the red solid ones remain on when I launch the p3 zzzz

I read your post and maybe it's as simple as turning off the red lights in the GO App. Just a thought...

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Pharm
If you're trying to turn off the front red lights, you can do that here:

DJI-GO-Turn-Off-LEDs.png

Reactions: Pharm
I read your post and maybe it's as simple as turning off the red lights in the GO App. Just a thought...

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app
Yup, it's in the manual.

The knowledgable forum members who are able to provide logical assistance, are likely to have also RTFM!! ;-)

Quite often the questions posed to the forum, provide the info that the OP didn't bother or hadn't taken the time to RTFM. Ha

Hopefully you are of the ones, that actually RTFM. Eh?

If not, please do. Hehe

RedHotPoker

Reactions: Fly Dawg
Yes. The front red LEDs should be on; here's a chart on what the back ones indicate.
image.png

One pattern missing is alternating green/red which indicates nearing a restricted airspace.

Reactions: yorlik
For the record, at least on my P2V, the red lights in front are off on the initial start up. They are also off when you start the props. It's only when the props speed up to something above idle that the red lights in front come on.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl