2 sets of fast green flashes before takeoff?

Reaction score
I'm trying to learn all of the Naza mode lights - and thought I understood them all.. but yesterday before I took off, while I was waiting for full GPS lock, I noticed 2 different times that I got the fast green flashes. I thought there was only 1 - to indicate home position was set. What was the second set?

Unrelated but I just have to share....
This thing is an absolute BLAST to fly - it is extremely confidence inspiring. I had never been able to do "nose in" flight with single rotors or my other quads, but the Phantom is so stable I wasn't the least bit nervous flying figure 8's or hovering in any orientation. I can actually fly this goofy thing! Can't wait for Atlanta Hobby to get the gimbal back in stock (mine's already paid for, just waiting on it to get in).

Best thought there is you lost the 6th satellite and dropped to five or less. I have had that happen several times. I wait after I get six to see if they will drop out. I like seven to stay before takeoff. As for lights, too hard to really see in the sunlight.

The first set indicates the a/c forward direction is now set (for Course lock), the second indicates 6+ GPS sats. are currently received.

Upon take-off the current location will be stored for RTH and Home lock operation.

So "home" isn't actually set until take-off?

So for instance, if I leave it on the ground facing due North (location A), get 2 sets of fast greens, then pick up and move the Phantom 50 feet to the left (location B) and rotate the Phantom to due East, then initiate the motors and take off, the home position is actually location B and it's direction for course lock is due North?

Extreme example to clarify.

Yes.

N017RW said:
The first set indicates the a/c forward direction is now set (for Course lock), the second indicates 6+ GPS sats. are currently received.

Upon take-off the current location will be stored for RTH and Home lock operation.

Are you sure about that? I was under the impression that the second set of rapid flashed was the acquisition of GPS lock AND home position being stored.

You can find the below statements regarding Home point here:
http://wiki.dji.com/en/index.php/Naza-M ... on_Control

STEP1: Record home point: The home point mentioned here is the same home point of enhanced Fail-Safe. There are two ways to record here: Manually; Automatically:

a) Automatically: Before takeoff, current position of multi-rotor will be saved as home point by MC automatically when you push the throttle stick first time after 6 or more GPS satellites have been found (Naza-m-ioc6.pngblinks once or no blinking) for 8 seconds.
b) Manually: When 6 or more GPS satellites are found (Naza-m-ioc6.png blinks once or no blinking), you can slide X2 channel switch between (to a 3-position switch) Course Lockand Home Lock or (to a 2-position switch) OFFand Home Lockposition quickly 3 to 5 times to record current position of multi-rotor as new home point. And LED will blink Naza-m-ioc3.png quickly if recording is successful.

I believe this method can also after take off to set your location at a higher point so you can clear trees on the way back. Is that correct N017RW?

Wedeliver said:
I believe this method can also after take off to set your location at a higher point so you can clear trees on the way back. Is that correct N017RW?

That is correct. You can change the home lock position to anywhere you want this way, but the most common use is indeed to create more altitude clearance for RTH.

Thanks for the clarification... I just flew again and it did the same thing, so I now know to wait for 2 sets of "fast green flash" to lift off.

I haven't tried return to home just yet - very little tinkering with home lock mode and course lock mode - only enough to see that they work and how they are different. Been mostly just flying around getting the feel of it. Need to go somewhere else to fly, my neighbors are probably getting tired of getting buzzed LOL

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic