2 red led and 2 green led before flying

Are you within 5 miles of an airport? Are you in phantom or naza mode, are both s1 and s2 in uppermost positions?

bompaholm said:
What does it mean ?

You need to be more specific. Two red and two green LEDs?

Do you mean two front LEDs are red and the two rear LEDs are green? That's normal.

Do you mean the rears are red & green? What is the flash sequence?

As Dirty said, even more details if you can so we can help. Are the back always green and front always red? If so you are fine. Do a bit of research on the light sequences on youtube or there are a few free apps that explain them. I'm not being condescending but learn a bit more about the basics. There are hours of youtube videos that a new learner should watch and a lot of reading on this forum. I'm not going to say RTFM because I might get given out to again but just because the phantom is advertised as ready to fly out of the box doesnt mean the pilot is ready to fly the phantom out of the box. I'm saying this because I dont want you to be one of the hundreds of new flyers who have posted in the last few months about their crash in their first few flights. Take it easy at the start, learn, learn and learn some more and enjoy. Safe flying.

Great advice Mal_PV2_Ireland. Mine is still in the box on top of my gun safe as I have yet to even charge a battery. I have watched over 100 videos 3 weeks prior to ordering it and I have watched another 100 or more since getting it. I have asked so many questions and read so much my eyes are crossed. I have been training with the Phantom in Phoenix 5 simulator for a week now and around 4 or 5 hours at night when everyone else goes to bed. Unfortunately, most of the youtube videos are for the Vision 2 or the 1.1.1. There aren't as many videos for the V2 and I assume because it is such a new release. I am a very diligent and disciplined person and being military retired as well as a Police Officer and a Paramedic those traits kinda come naturally. Even after all I have done I still don't have the gut feeling of "I'm Ready!" Until I get to that point it will remain where it is safely in its box and I will continue reading, watching videos and asking more questions. Thanks for such for an honest an sincere statement and for not being rough on us beginners. After all, everyone was a beginner at some point.

kymedic121 said:
Great advice Mal_PV2_Ireland. Mine is still in the box on top of my gun safe as I have yet to even charge a battery. I have watched over 100 videos 3 weeks prior to ordering it and I have watched another 100 or more since getting it. I have asked so many questions and read so much my eyes are crossed. I have been training with the Phantom in Phoenix 5 simulator for a week now and around 4 or 5 hours at night when everyone else goes to bed. Unfortunately, most of the youtube videos are for the Vision 2 or the 1.1.1. There aren't as many videos for the V2 and I assume because it is such a new release. I am a very diligent and disciplined person and being military retired as well as a Police Officer and a Paramedic those traits kinda come naturally. Even after all I have done I still don't have the gut feeling of "I'm Ready!" Until I get to that point it will remain where it is safely in its box and I will continue reading, watching videos and asking more questions. Thanks for such for an honest an sincere statement and for not being rough on us beginners. After all, everyone was a beginner at some point.
Watch all the p2v (non +) videos because they are the best and 95% of them relate to the p2v+ because they are essentially the same bird just with different camera and gimbal.
Ok so heres where I'm not gonna be so nice, GET THAT BIRD OFF YOUR GUN CASE AND FLY HER!!! Can you not hear her silently screaming "fly me, fly me" Dont treat her like a caged songbird, let her fly man. She will bring you hours of endless enjoyment. Please dont be over cautious, fly it. Its a crying shame to keep her locked up. Trust me, once you start you wont be able to get unhooked

These machines were made for capturing astonishing shots that werent possible before. Watch some of the crazy videos of flying through fireworks, flying ove water because they are amazing. I'm not telling you to copy them but try a quater of the risks that we do and you will come on in leaps and bounds. Lose your natural instinct of regulations due to your work history and live a little. Its fun my friend.
And as always, happy and safe flying to you.

Brettly said:
phoenix 5 simulator? Where is that?

It is an absolutely wonderful software based simulator system and you can select tons of aircraft and flying areas. It is so customizable its really crazy what all you can do in it. A friend of mine flies the huge planes and he had it and a very nice JR controller. You can select any Multi rotor manufactured including the Phantom and you practice flying with it Understand it does not have all the GPS features that the phantom does so you are basically just learning how to fly the aircraft, learning orientation and you do this with an actual high quality radio control. I have the system set up on my 60" television and I sit here and practice flying, manuvering around objects and terrain as well as landings from different perspectives. Its not the real thing but for someone who is a beginner it is far better than practicing and learning the basics with the real phantom.

Mal_PV2_Ireland said:
kymedic121 said:
Watch all the p2v (non +) videos because they are the best and 95% of them relate to the p2v+ because they are essentially the same bird just with different camera and gimbal.
Ok so heres where I'm not gonna be so nice, GET THAT BIRD OFF YOUR GUN CASE AND FLY HER!!! Can you not hear her silently screaming "fly me, fly me" Dont treat her like a caged songbird, let her fly man. She will bring you hours of endless enjoyment. Please dont be over cautious, fly it. Its a crying shame to keep her locked up. Trust me, once you start you wont be able to get unhooked

LOL LOL LOL Yes, yes I know. The darned thing screams at me every second of every day. I am just a very diligent person and I have absolutely NO experience with any RC Control anything so I feel it was best to learn as much as I possibly could and learn the basics of RC flight with the orientation, landing and all the other basics with the controls. I can now go into the simulator and fly the phantom instinctively without thought to orientation as it has become second nature with the controls. I have decided to continue simulator practicing and reading the remainder of the weekend and then Monday there will be a maiden flight.

kymedic121 said:
LOL LOL LOL Yes, yes I know. The darned thing screams at me every second of every day. I am just a very diligent person and I have absolutely NO experience with any RC Control anything so I feel it was best to learn as much as I possibly could and learn the basics of RC flight with the orientation, landing and all the other basics with the controls. I can now go into the simulator and fly the phantom instinctively without thought to orientation as it has become second nature with the controls. I have decided to continue simulator practicing and reading the remainder of the weekend and then Monday there will be a maiden flight.

Wish I had your patience :) you should be fine.

all i can say is wow... that is a lot of prep... if only everyone was so cautious, we most certainly would still be able to fly in National Parks, but unfortunately, not everyone is, and it doesn't take but one bad apple to spoil the bunch.

My advice.. you bought the phantom for a reason... go find a nice wide open flat piece of land.. fly it low and just get use to it.. don't worry about going real high and far.. just get yourself comfortable with the basics.. baby steps... you've done more than most in preparing to fly based on your description, trust me.

Yea, I have friends of mine that fly the huge gas Jet fighters and the precision helicopters in competition. They are very very good and I really enjoy watching them. I by no means want to attempt flying either of those. I just want to be a safe Phantom pilot who is proficient with the V2+. I want to make certain that if something goes wrong that is was not due to my lack of due diligence and preparation. I have no desire to send this bird out to its maximum range or out of sight to say that I can or did. My goal is to achieve safe precision flying within line of sight so I can capture some awesome photos and video. I will never send this thing out to a location that I cannot visibly see it. Now, it may be a mere spec in the sky at distance but I will keep sight of it. I see folks on youtube putting these thing in the clouds or so far away and because of tree tops and other obstacles they cannot see them at all. I have no desire to do such things. I live in rural far western ky and I can send this thing up 200 feet and see all I want to see and still keep it in line of sight. I may do some deer scouting some of our farms on the way point settings but most of those farms are wide open with the only obstruction is normal tree lines. I suppose I am being a little over cautious but I would rather have all the preperation and training and never need it, than to need it and not have it. I really appreciate all your tips, answered questions and most of all your patience. It really means a lot especially to someone who has never ever done anything like this before. Once again, thanks so much.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31