2 post flight video questions

The photo images are stored as .JPG. The videos are stored as .MP4. I edit the videos in Adobe Premier Elements. You can buy Premiere Elements bundled with Photoshop Elements for a pretty good price, although Photoshop Elements doesn't have lens correction tools for the wide FOV of either a GoPro or DJI camera. I also have Photoshop, which is what I use for that correction. Adobe Lightroom also has a lens correction tool.

Quicktime has the ability to trim the clips, but you can't do linear editing, no transitions, nor can you manage the sound track. You can do limited transcoding, but Premiere Elements does a much better job.

I use Sony Vegas Pro 12 at the moment. But I am looking at Premiere. Sony Vegas seems more user friendly/easier to use. But if Premiere uses my GPU card's CUDA cores, then I may try to make the switch.

Sounds like I need to give Premier a shot. On a side note, will it do Divx and xvid? I'd like to rip some of my DVD collection to AVI for home streaming.

Nope. Premiere Elements isn't a ripper and doesn't natively support DVIX nor xVid. You'll need a ripper. There used to be a DIVX codec for Premiere Elements so you could bring in DIVX clips, not sure if it still exists.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic