2+ monitors viewing PhV2+ Wifi?

Reaction score
I have a need to be able to see the Vision 2+ camera on multiple Monitors. I know some have used Air Play, but for some reason I was told you need Apple Tv to have Air play enabled.
What are some of you using to do this?.. Has anyone ever found a way to "hack" the WiFi so multiple monitors could just connect to the WiFi and observe?

Last edited:
ya..but if i was to spend that amount id just get the inspire. Im sure someone has found a way...somewhat cheaper then light bridge.

hasn't somebody posted in FPV "iPhone" to HDMI to Fatshark? couldn't you run the HDMI/ composite vid to another device via amp/ spltr?

100% speculation on my part.... just a thought...

here was the description in the thread that i copied of a to do later thing...

"Here is a solution I came up with. I got a CRUX VCIP5 HDMI TO COMPOSITE CONVERSION CABLE FOR IPHONE 5 ($65.00 on eBay) and plugged it into a Lightning Digital AV Adapter to HDMI cable plugged into my iPhone 6. I plugged the composite end of the cable in the cable provided by Fatshark to the goggles. The iPhone screen is mirrored in the goggles. It works great."

mad in nc said:
hasn't somebody posted in FPV "iPhone" to HDMI to Fatshark? couldn't you run the HDMI/ composite vid to another device via amp/ spltr?

100% speculation on my part.... just a thought...

here was the description in the thread that i copied of a to do later thing...

"Here is a solution I came up with. I got a CRUX VCIP5 HDMI TO COMPOSITE CONVERSION CABLE FOR IPHONE 5 ($65.00 on eBay) and plugged it into a Lightning Digital AV Adapter to HDMI cable plugged into my iPhone 6. I plugged the composite end of the cable in the cable provided by Fatshark to the goggles. The iPhone screen is mirrored in the goggles. It works great."

yep..this is on my list to do..but Id like to be able to have the option of having the wifi mirrored. Like if i was to have the FPV goggles on...and having another near by the phantom wifi on a tablet or better yet on a larger screen

Its a closed platform, though the SDK is available so maybe a 3rd party app will offer this someday. In the meantime I think your best bet is going to be to do your video distribution on the ground, in-other-words use your iPhone as the source and distribute from it. By all means, if you can find a way for multiple devices to receive the video feed direct from the Vision+ then post back here.

But probably the best solution is to get the HDMI or DVI adapter for the iPhone, connect that to a wireless video transmitter (be careful about what bandwidth and/or channel it operates on), and beam the video from your iPhone to as many video devices as you want. There are tons of web based solutions for sharing live stream video. There are definitely a lot of analog options that might be better (but require each device to have an antenna). Check out companies specializing in security technology, or presentation equipment. Heck, you could build something yourself by modifying some FPV gear. But I'm sure you can find a turn key solution if you google it for a awhile.

Bluethundr said:
I have a need to be able to see the Vision 2+ camera on multiple Monitors. I know some have used Air Play, but for some reason I was told you need Apple Tv to have Air play enabled.
What are some of you using to do this?.. Has anyone ever found a way to "hack" the WiFi so multiple monitors could just connect to the WiFi and observe?

If you have access to a computer while you are flying, you can use a software program on the computer named "Reflector" to create an "AirPlay" device on the computer and view and record what is on your iPhone or iPad screen. No AppleTV required.

barefootbeachcombing said:
Bluethundr said:

If you have access to a computer while you are flying, you can use a software program on the computer named "Reflector" to create an "AirPlay" device on the computer and view and record what is on your iPhone or iPad screen. No AppleTV required.

I would like to do this...but for the life of me I can not get "airplay" on my iphone 5 to show up. I did the trouble shooting through apple and it was a no go?..Im not sure why its not showing up to "mirror" either my ipad mini or my iphone 5. Both have the airplay icon missing.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 531
Bluethundr said:
I would like to do this...but for the life of me I can not get "airplay" on my iphone 5 to show up. I did the trouble shooting through apple and it was a no go?..Im not sure why its not showing up to "mirror" either my ipad mini or my iphone 5. Both have the airplay icon missing.

Are within range of an AirPlay device? Typically, it will only show up if there is an AirPlay capable device near you.

Fplvert said:
:D
You could get an adapter and some cable.
http://store.apple.com/us/product/MD826 ... av-adapter

MHL

Yep..when i get a set of goggles i plan on doing the lightning out to HDMI to a set of goggles. But my question is how to get..say your ipad you have their on the wifi to have another person view the feed that the bird shows.
How did you get that?
I did figure out my "airplay" problem and had to download from the air server for it to be used with my iphone, with out apple TV.

I saw this somewhere and took a screenshot. Haven't tried it out yet though.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-02-01 at 10.13.56 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2015-02-01 at 10.13.56 pm.png
    68 KB · Views: 438
I have not tested it, but i have a feeling that trying to crowbar in an AirPlay solution is going to be more trouble than you think. For AirPlay (or Reflector) to work, the phone needs to be on the same wifi network as the AirPlay destination device. You can probably do that by joining the phantom network as the post above describes, but I wouldn't count on it not interfering as the user claims above. So that probably kills it right there. Vision+ FPV is transmitted via wifi, so you need the phone to be on the Phantom network. Any of your AirPlay destination devices (ie Apple TV) will not (or should not) be on the same network and won't be available to the phone.

That's why I said above, your best bet is probably going to pull the video feed out of the phone (using an HDMI or DVI adapter) - just like you do to connect FPV goggles, and send the video to any number of commercially available video transmitters (wifi or analog radio), to broadcast to your other devices.

A video transmitter should be pretty cheap too, especially since you don't need HD. Actually, you would probably do something like this. IPhone -> Apple VGA Adapter -> VGA to RCA converter -> generic SD video transmitter -> TV, monitor or whatever you connect a video receiver to.

The more expensive (but less crap to connect) approach would be: iPhone -> Apple Digital AV adapter (ie HDMI) -> HD video transmitter -> TV, etc

Reflector works just fine. It doesn't interfere with anything.

Connect the iPhone to the Phantom WiFi as normal. Connect the laptop to the Phantom WiFi. Start Reflector. Connect the iPhone to the computer using AirPlay.

Attachments

• screenshot.JPG
    screenshot.JPG
    87.3 KB · Views: 363
barefootbeachcombing said:
Reflector works just fine. It doesn't interfere with anything.

Connect the iPhone to the Phantom WiFi as normal. Connect the laptop to the Phantom WiFi. Start Reflector. Connect the iPhone to the computer using AirPlay.
Yeah, so simple right? Except it has already been discussed and there are two issues.

First it will only allow you to send the video to one additional device (the MacBook). The original poster wants to be able to view the video stream on multiple monitors.

Second, it's risky putting another device on the Phantom Wifi network. I'd be extremely careful doing that. At first it might seem like there is no interference on the wifi, then suddenly the MacBook tries to run a background process that hits the network - anything from scheduled email check, to software update, to routine system maintenance, to a million other things depending on what he has installed and what OSX services he has enabled.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20