2 m/s descend adjustable?

Reaction score
With the new firmware the Phantom is limited to descend 2 m/s which is way too slow. I know it's a safety limit, but I like to increase the descending speed. I couldn't find a option in the software. Is there a trick to change this?

Thanks

The trick is to revert to firmware v2.0 to get 3 m/s or v1.08 to get 6 m/s. But do this before you go to 3.02 because some have had probs going back from 3.02. Other than that there is no other way.

I forget what v3.0 gets you. Same as 2.0 maybe.

cryptoron said:
With the new firmware the Phantom is limited to descend 2 m/s which is way too slow. I know it's a safety limit, but I like to increase the descending speed. I couldn't find a option in the software. Is there a trick to change this?

Thanks

Yes there is, if you want to engage maximum descent speed all you have to do is put the joysticks in the same position that you do to start the motors :lol:

The only way is to downgrade as mentioned.

Madwak said:
cryptoron said:

Thanks

Yes there is, if you want to engage maximum descent speed all you have to do is put the joysticks in the same position that you do to start the motors :lol:

The only way is to downgrade as mentioned.

Have a big net ready to catch it. :eek:

XL-Studios said:
If you switch S1 to RTH it will descent faster (4m/s I think) at the home location.
Are you sure? that hasn't been my experience. When you say "RTH" do you mean "failsafe" as if you switched off the transmitter? Or are you referring to "Home Lock"? RTH and Home Lock are quite different. I don't think the Phantom will descend on its own faster than 2m/s once you have updated to 3.02 firmware, but I don't know.

doug86 said:
XL-Studios said:
If you switch S1 to RTH it will descent faster (4m/s I think) at the home location.
Are you sure? that hasn't been my experience. When you say "RTH" do you mean "failsafe" as if you switched off the transmitter? Or are you referring to "Home Lock"? RTH and Home Lock are quite different. I don't think the Phantom will descend on its own faster than 2m/s once you have updated to 3.02 firmware, but I don't know.
in ReturnTo Home=Failsafe it will come down faster for sure. This is my experience. I am 90% sure it´s at least 4m/s on 3.02

XL-Studios said:
doug86 said:
in ReturnTo Home=Failsafe it will come down faster for sure. This is my experience. I am 90% sure it´s at least 4m/s on 3.02

That makes sense. I am using 2.0 and while descent is only 3m/s, in RTH above 100m it is a full 6m/s. So a limit of 2m/s would logically do RTS at 4m/s. Personally I don't agree with the change to 2m/s. It can default that way, but should not be fixed. I have done a lot of descending at 6m/s and never had a problem.

Manual mode u can do what u want with it. Fly inverted to the ground at 100 m/a ;)

Doesn't Atti increase the speed to 3 or 4?? I'm sure I noticed on my screen the speed was higher in Atti. Will double check soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20