2 flights under my belt... Thoughts

Reaction score
Well I have under taken 2 flights both about 15 mins in length to just try it out.

Flight 1 - shot about 9 mins of video, tried the different functions didn't take it much more than 75 feet in the air and kept within about a 300 foot radius. Tried Course lock mode but didn't realize I had to initiate the heading before start up so I quickly realized that it wasn't orientated the right way so I put it back in standard GPS mode. I did like Atti mode. The other thing is I was flying it and at 19% power it just took off high, I was able to get it down but I thought it was flying off! After I got home I realized I had the RTH set at battery <20% and I am sure it was flying back to my home position. After getting home I disabled that!

Flight 2 - Shot some stills, got CL mode figured out and just did some general flying and video of my son run around a field. Overall very impressed with the stability and video footage. Wish it was summer here in the NE. Going to try GS next and see if I can get it to fly a recon mission around the neighborhood. Maybe go try a empty field first!

10855112_10205431162807873_7359537035546993694_o.jpg

Well done! Like you I also started with baby steps. GS is a blast... but also like you, I started in an empty field first. It was pretty scary the first time i sent it on a mission that I knew was outside of wifi and control range. It is pretty hectic waiting for it to come back in range. But just keep pushing yourself a little further each time and have a blast.

Doug Fletcher

The big difference for me is the stability of it. I was so use to flying helicopters that I had to constantly move the sticks to keep them hovering. This thing is so simple a caveman could fly it.

Ditto.. I've been flying a Hirobo Shuttle ZXX and a bunch of Blade Helicopters since the early 90's. It was really weird the first time I took the Phantom up 250ft.. and just stopped looking at it and stared at my smart phone to get the perfect shot. Something I could never even dream of doing with a copter.

Welcome Chrome. I did the same thing with my battery, I had it set to 100'. It was about a foot from landing when it shot straight up. I too thought it was going bye bye until I read the screen. Duh!!! Only recommendation is, I heard that if you drain the batteries that low, it stresses them & the longevity of the battery can be reduced. I have flown a few GS missions & it is pretty cool to watch it take off & do its thing. It is hard not to take over as it looks like it is going out further than you think it should go:) Enjoy the new bird!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4