2 beeps

Reaction score
Had a little mishap with my phantom today in back yard, hit something with a prop and it fell over on top of itself from about 3 feet. Broke a prop, everything seems to be fine accept now when I turn it on I hear 2 beeps, gimbal does it's dance and it hooks up tp app as usual. These two beeps are similar in sound to a firmware upgrade noise.

This happen to anyone else/

Thanks for your replies

Rchjr

If you have the .bin file loaded on the SD card, you'll here those firware update beeps until it realizes it already has the firmware. You can go ahead and delete the .bin file from you SD card and you'll no longer get the beeps.

Be sure to replace the .bin file if you get new batteries, as they will require a FW update.

Reactions: rene van der meer
If you have the .bin file loaded on the SD card, you'll here those firware update beeps until it realizes it already has the firmware. You can go ahead and delete the .bin file from you SD card and you'll no longer get the beeps.

Be sure to replace the .bin file if you get new batteries, as they will require a FW update.
I think DrJoe might be right.
Is there a bin file on the SD card and does the red LED turn on indicating it is trying to read the SD card?
Also check the log file (P3_FW_LOG_AB.txt) on the SD card.
Your 'accident' does not sound severe enough to cause any damages other then the broken props :innocent:

Last edited:
I think that was it, after looking at the craft more closely there was nothing damaged other than the prop. The battery I thought was updated, it wasn't. I could have sworn they were all updated.

Thanks for the replies!

Rchjr

I think that was it, after looking at the craft more closely there was nothing damaged other than the prop. The battery I thought was updated, it wasn't. I could have sworn they were all updated.

Thanks for the replies!

Rchjr
Charles,
You're welcome. The beeps are gone after updating the batteries?
I wonder what did you hit in the first place?
You can consider yourself very lucky. :innocent: A P3 can behave like a raging bull when the props hit something. This can cause further damage.
You got away with it losing only a prop. A lesson well learned.
Some people have less 'luck' :(: Advanced - tried to save $50 drone and crashed.. help please | DJI Phantom Forum
Happy flying!
:hearteyes:

I was practicing flying in my back yard and hit a chiminia ( a fire place kinda thing ) that sits up about 4 feet and I just clipped it. I was standing close to it when it happened. That particular area is right at the shallow end of my pool. It landed on the deck upside down with the props doing a little weed eating for me on my deck. Then, it started to crawl towards the pool which was about a foot and a half away. I killed the motors and put my foot between it and shallow end of my pool. Dont think I'll be practicing in that area of my back yard anymore.

I was practicing flying in my back yard and hit a chiminia ( a fire place kinda thing ) that sits up about 4 feet and I just clipped it. I was standing close to it when it happened. That particular area is right at the shallow end of my pool. It landed on the deck upside down with the props doing a little weed eating for me on my deck. Then, it started to crawl towards the pool which was about a foot and a half away. I killed the motors and put my foot between it and shallow end of my pool. Dont think I'll be practicing in that area of my back yard anymore.
That's what I meant with a raging bull. I am glad that the damage was minor and that you didn't hurt yourself.
You must have had and angel looking over your shoulder :innocent:

Well actually I did, I left out the part about me instinctively grabbing for it because were so close to the edge of the pool. Cut my middle finger pretty good, stung for a bit too. All I could think of was it ending up in the pool. What a dumb ***!!!! That's the last time I ever try that again:)

Charles, the story becomes more and more interesting. Did you happen to take a picture of your finger?
I am sure the cut will help you to be more careful next time.;)
Don't feel embarrassed. Many of us have made similar stupid mistakes. Thanks for sharing.

ps. One of my previous P3A's hit the ground falling also from about about 3 feet after hitting a branch.
SCS did not work. I had to remove the battery before it stopped.

No I did not take a picture of my middle finger, I think I will leave the piece of painful evidence out. Besides, the scar I am going to have will remind me forever. Note to self: Never, ever grab for a phantom on its back with all 4 propellers still going. When it first hit the top of the chiminia I was some what surprized I hit it, almost like it didn't register for a few seconds. By the time it did I grabbed for it. NOW my cat like reflex's kick in when my finger hits the prop. Got me twice before I got my hand back. I'm actually stunned that I fessed up about it.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1