2 antenna receiver on phantom v1.2

Reaction score
i have a v1.2 with stock 1 antenna receiver. can i just replace the receiver with 2 antenna receiver? then i have to pair with my controller but it looks like the button is on the bottom. if i do this how much will it increase the range?

It should already have a two antenna receiver if it's a 1.2. I have a 1.1.1 and it came with dual antenna.
I think the intention of usiing a dual set up was for reliability not to increase range as such.

My 1.2 came with the single antenna on the Rx as well, the version that has two is part of the newer D-bus config that started with the 1.1.1.

Wedeliver, you'll need to use a matching Transmitter/Receiver...both from a 1.1.1, or both from a 1.2 or before.

I get the feeling from the posts above that having two antennas is not really an advantage as far as range and that is the main reason I might put the board in and since I have the board. But then I hear that if that receiver board was installed then my transmitter might not work with it. Humm... I think I want to put a zenmuse gimbal, so I would need an upgrade board I understand, and install the tilt control in the transmitter, don't sound very hard. I just got my gopro so the gimbal is the next necessary upgrade.

Thanks you guys for your tips.

and to ozzyguy, I think the progression of Phantom is V1 then V1.2 then V1.1.1. What I find interesting is they arn't listing any of those as current versions for sale at the dji website. I guess, like windows 3.1 or 98 etc. they have stopped making them. I wonder what that means for Naza-M support in the future?

Wedeliver said:
and to ozzyguy, I think the progression of Phantom is V1 then V1.2 then V1.1.1.

Correct, the numbering scheme doesn't match the release order. At least not when using Roman numerals :lol:

I think NAZA-M support will be around for a while since the hardware is the same for v1 and v2 and the rebadged models used in the P2's, and there's also many other non-Phantoms with NAZA's in them.

While the dual antennae may help with range a little in some scenarios, the intended benefit is to help insure you have clear reception regardless of the orientation of the aircraft. Mounting two at 90 degrees from each other causes their reception areas to overlap in such a way that the natural weak spots of either one are covered.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers