2.7k video

Reaction score
I film on 2.7k video (24 fps) and the video created wont get saved to my phone as aposed to 1080 video which does just fine. As a matter fact even my tv will play the 1080 but not the 2.7k
Anybody know why?

The device your playing the 2.7k footage has to be able to support that. Do you have a 2.7 or 4K tv or phone that supports 4K?

I tried on my phone, television, and computer,
The computer wont play it, i tried using Vlc (universal player) and it will open it, but plays it horribly).
Television wont play it at all (understandable if the max res is 1080).
And when i try to download it to my phone (s5) it will give me a messege (attached picture) and it wont save it.
I kinda think it should since the s5 can handel ultrahigh def.
So whats the point of a 2.7k camera if i cand do anything with the videos...
What does everyone elso do? Just shoot in 1080?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-01-06-16-32-51.png
    Screenshot_2016-01-06-16-32-51.png
    463.9 KB · Views: 458
I'm having editing issues as well. VLC played it but I need it in movie maker to edit.

I'm having editing issues as well. VLC played it but I need it in movie maker to edit.
I get chu man. Am sittimg here thinking even if you get find a software to edit theese vids, will it save it in 2.7k? And if it does what phones or tvs will be able to enjoy it, limited. Hmmmmm

I put the SD card in the adapter, then play it on my computer. VLC, MPC-HC, Cyberlink, they all play perfect, but I know it's not playing at 2.7k as my monitor/projector only supports 1920 x 1080. I think 2.7k looks cleaner/crisper than when I shoot at 1080. I edit using Cyberlink PowerDirector and export the video as 1080p @ 60fps. PowerDirector can export up to 4K video resolutions.

Reactions: Jorgejim90
You need equipment capable of viewing the files. For now just set the camera to record @ 1080x60 & you'll be able to work with it on your current equipment.

I tried on my phone, television, and computer,
The computer wont play it, i tried using Vlc (universal player) and it will open it, but plays it horribly).
Television wont play it at all (understandable if the max res is 1080).
And when i try to download it to my phone (s5) it will give me a messege (attached picture) and it wont save it.
I kinda think it should since the s5 can handel ultrahigh def.
So whats the point of a 2.7k camera if i cand do anything with the videos...
What does everyone elso do? Just shoot in 1080?

Reactions: Jorgejim90
I get chu man. Am sittimg here thinking even if you get find a software to edit theese vids, will it save it in 2.7k? And if it does what phones or tvs will be able to enjoy it, limited. Hmmmmm

Personally I am using Adobe Premiere Pro CC for editing and exporting. No problems at all when rendering the finished project, as it is possible to render the video in 2.7K, 4K or anything else.

Yeah, as some of these guys have said, you need the right gear when pushing up from standard HD. You are likely to need more memory in your computer, for example, and a better processor and graphics card. Also you can't even see 2K or 4K unless you have a monitor that supports it. A lot of people shoot 4K, for example, so they can crop frames without losing any resolution. You may get what you need shooting in standard HD.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: RadRich

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl