2.7K video setting gone on iPad only?

Reaction score
Maybe i'm just crazy, but doesnt the P3A have a 2.7K video option?
I just went into my settings to change from 1080P to 2.7K and the option is not there?
..Just upgraded to the newest app - not sure if that has anything to do with it.

It looks like the problem is only on my iPad..
I connected my iPhone and the 2.7k option was there.. I changed it to 2.7k and switched back to the iPad.
On the iPad, it shows that it is set to 2.7k but when I go into the Video Size option to change it, the 2.7k (current setting) does not show (see photos)..
Both devices are running the new version of the DJI Go App released today.

Same here. My iPad with DJI go 2.8.2 showed 2.7k/24 icon before I went in to change video settings. However only 1080p and 720p modes available. After selecting 1080p I can no longer set back to 2.7k!!

Same here. My iPad with DJI go 2.8.2 showed 2.7k/24 icon before I went in to change video settings. However only 1080p and 720p modes available. After selecting 1080p I can no longer set back to 2.7k!!
Connected to phantom advanced with my iPhone and I'm able to select 2.7k mode!! Back on iPad shows I'm in 2.7k mode, but it still doesn't show in list of options!

You must delete dji go and reinstall it and the 2.7 k option will be on like in the past

Yeah, I deleted the Go app and reinstalled it. 2.7K is still there on the iPad Air 2, for my Phantom 3 Pro'.
It wasn't visible before. ;-)
Edit: yikes, first synch all your flights to the cloud... Or lose them!!

RedHotPoker

Last edited:
Reactions: Digdat0
Yeah, I deleted the Go app and reinstalled it. 2.7K is still there on the iPad Air 2, for my Phantom 3 Pro'.
It wasn't visible before. ;-)
Edit: yikes, first synch all your flights to the cloud... Or lose them!!

RedHotPoker
Or just save your flight records on your laptop, and drag them back to your iPad GO folder after the reinstall, using iTunes. Much quicker than syncing.

Reactions: Oso
I heard that if you download the app directly from the DJI site the 2.7k option is there for the iPad. Not necessarily true from the App Store for some reason

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I heard that if you download the app directly from the DJI site the 2.7k option is there for the iPad. Not necessarily true from the App Store for some reason

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
I just did the whole thing:- secured flight records to laptop, deleted Go from iPad Air2, downloaded Go from App Store, and copied back flight records. All without any problem, and the 2.7k option is definitely back on the camera menu.

PS. I have both the Professional and the Advanced. Both have the 2.7K option.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pete Leare
They removed the 2.7k option from the latest DJI Go app, is what I heard. This is true even for the P3P, they say.

If so, it's not a problem with your equipment or app, it was an intentional decision from DJI.

I haven't downloaded the new DJI Go version yet to verify, but I see it waiting there in iTunes.

Chris

Update: I just updated my DJI Go installation on my iPad and fired it up with my P3P and I still have 2.7k. So I leave it up to P3A users to test.

Chris

They removed the 2.7k option from the latest DJI Go app, is what I heard. This is true even for the P3P, they say.

If so, it's not a problem with your equipment or app, it was an intentional decision from DJI.

I haven't downloaded the new DJI Go version yet to verify, but I see it waiting there in iTunes.

Chris

No it was an error in the released version.

No it was an error in the released version.

They obviously fixed it and re-released it.
I just backed mine back to 2.8.1 using code (or whatever) to install from the app store. You can pick which version you want to install, and incidentally there were two versions to choose since 2.8.1. This suggests they released 2.8.2 and then released a new version of the same update with the problems fixed. Hence why some of the earlier people who deleted the app and re-installed it were still missing the 2.7k option.

They fixed it pretty quickly which inspires some level of confidence in them. They could have at least talked to us all about it. Apologizing and admitting they made a boo boo, but have fixed it garners trust.

Interesting but surely they should have upped the release number 2.8.3 ?

I will delete mine in a while and try again to download it, mine i downloaded on the 25th may

That was my thinking too, but there is definitely two versions of 2.8.2 in the list.
I chose the second to last n the list assuming it would be the previous 2.8.1 and it was 2.8.2. So was the last one in the list, so there are two versions of it.
Maybe someone who deals with App Store updates etc can explain the process and requirements.
Maybe DJI didn't want to admit they messed up the first one, so found a way around needing a new firmware release number?
All I know is mine auto updated on the 25th. I lost 2.7k and couldn't get a video feed beyond maybe 50ft.
I backdated and it fixed it. I also deleted and reinstalled 2.8.2 on another device yesterday when I discovered this and it has 2.7k back. I will fly this afternoon to see if the feed is improved.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31