2.7k 30fps vs 1080p 60fps!

Reaction score
P3A users, would you choose 2.7k over 1080p? Real question is would you choose better resolution over faster frame rate?

Reactions: Brent10
For me, the only need for higher frame rate is if I want to e able to slow down the video more clearly in post processing.

well, since I don't have a 4K TV and my Mac MBP to too old to usably view the 2.7K video I'll be sticking with 1080P for now.

one exception being if I plan to do some zooming or other editing in post.

well, since I don't have a 4K TV and my Mac MBP to too old to usably view the 2.7K video I'll be sticking with 1080P for now.

one exception being if I plan to do some zooming or other editing in post.

That's the reason why i went with the P3A instead of the P3P but just curious what you guys think about resolution vs frame rate.

hopefully my weather will get better tuesday so i can take some videos

When I experimented with 1080p 60 vs 30 fps I could clearly see the difference in smoothness when rotating, so I'd go with 1080p60. I haven't actually tried 2.7K 30 fps.

That's why we use nd filters - so that the exposure time gets near the actual frame rate [actually 2x is ideal]. I shoot in 2k7/25 & downconvert later.

1060 60fps everytime 80% of the time!!:confused:

60 frames is really good, it gives to the movie that "national geographic documentary" effect that i find cool.
I'd be curious anyway to see how a 2.7k movie resampled at 1080p would look like: i read that 4k downscaled movies look better than 1080p original movies.. I'm curious.

60 frames is really good, it gives to the movie that "national geographic documentary" effect that i find cool.
I'd be curious anyway to see how a 2.7k movie resampled at 1080p would look like: i read that 4k downscaled movies look better than 1080p original movies.. I'm curious.

Test it yourself then and post the results on here.

Yea, only problem is that at the moment, my old Vaio can barely work with 1080p videos, i edit mines with the iphone. So right nkw i really can't compare

The problem is..once you have looked at a 4k video...1080p looks like total ****..I used to have a p3a and have some 1080p vids...now have a p3p..4k by faaarrr has so much more clarity..I do wish we could get like 48 fps 4k with the p3p..that would be nice.

Re: "grass at the wrong distance." I'm a noob and my fifth vid was of cows grazing shot from ~50-75 feet above and the grass was really shimmery. I watched it on my 5K iMac and really didn't like it. My tracking was pretty slow, BTW. Any suggestions?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik