2.7 wide or no

Reaction score
So I keep reading that 2.7 wide 30 delivers great GoPro Hero 3+ black results.

Yet, we all know the problems with wide settings.

So, what would be the next best setting for high quality clips to put into good vid?

happydogs said:

So, what would be the next best setting for high quality clips to put into good vid?

2.7k medium or 1080p 60fps

GB Phantom said:
happydogs said:

2.7k medium or 1080p 60fps

The best settings for high quality clips would be 2.7k (pick your FOV), Protune, WB CAMRAW.

If you really want to do some cool slow motion with your footage then 1080p60(pick your FOV), Protune, WB CAMRAW.

Regardless of the FOV, you can eliminate props and legs from your shots by varying the tilt and being easy on the sticks.

The great thing about shooting 2.7k wide is that with the proper editing tools/skills, you can then reposition it inside a 1080 comp, which is the equiv of shooting 1080 Medium, but that it would then allow you to reposition the footage if necessary (to remove props).

take note and read up about Protune in the Hero3+ manual (page 37), you want to shoot with Sharpness turned to Low and color set to Flat perhaps as well.

many thanks and i'll do some homework...I still need to learn how to use my editing software to apply the settings to protune...did I say that right?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20