2.7 camera with gimbal

Reaction score
I just bought a new camera + gimbal For my drone because I crashed my drone and destroyed the camera and gimbal. Once my camera comes in and I attach it to the drone. Does the camera automatically pair to the drone? Or what do I have to do to pair it to the drone? Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

3rd party companies as in different manufactures. I thought only DJI gimbles work with it, but i'm not sure on that so someone might have to correct me.
Well in theory a gimbal could take power and sensor inputs from the phantom but dji go would not work at all, or any apps made for the phantom. All the telemetry for the drone, live feed, and every control except movement, is processed through the 2.4ghz wifi band sent from the gimbal. It really wouldn't be worth it due to the amount of extra hardware and configuring needed to use a 3rd party gimbal.

Reactions: QuadcopterCrazy
Theres no pairing between the camera/gimbal and the body, it will work right out of the box. You might need to update the firmware on the cam/gimbal, DJI Go will let you know after you turn it on.

Pairing comes in when you change the body and need to reconnect to the controller.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31