2-6S LiPo Battery Voltage Monitor

One pic will be ground, with the other six corresponding to each cell. Line up the Phantom ground wire with the ground pin. Because it's a 3S battery, you'll only use 3 of the other pins.

As MR says. If you look at the pic on amazon, it's printed right on the circuit board.

+
6S
5S
4S
3S
2S
1S
-

You just line up the negative end of the balance cable with the - and plug it in from there. The top 3 pins on the monitor will be unused. On mine, I used a black sharpie to "black out" the 4S-6S pins to give a visual indicator not to plug it in from the wrong side.

Thank you both!
In that page, if you see other suggested similar items, the pictures are almost the same, prices vary from $0.* to $10
Do you know the differences between them?
Thanks

There is one more thing you should know. On the stock battery, the lone, odd-colored (white) wire is actually the positive and connects to the 3S pin on the monitor. The grey wire opposite is the negative that aligns with the bottom edge.

I suggest this one. It has a louder alarm, visual led voltage and displays each cell charge and difference between cells. You can configure the voltage level alarm you want:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trk...=buzzer+voltage+alarm+lipo&_sacat=0&_from=R40

m92Ql6tAfayQYlI8Y9RVtnw.jpg

jumanoc said:
I suggest this one. It has a louder alarm, visual led voltage and displays each cell charge and difference between cells. You can configure the voltage level alarm you want:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trk...=buzzer+voltage+alarm+lipo&_sacat=0&_from=R40

m92Ql6tAfayQYlI8Y9RVtnw.jpg

+1, that is the one I have. Mine is actually from Hobbyking and has a hard plastic shell around the circuit board instead of the clear heat shrink but every gram counts when it comes to Phantoms so I run mine "naked" most of the time.

Another nice thing about that model is it shows the total pack volts first, whereas, the OP model steps through each of the cells before displaying the total. I ended up removing the buzzers from mine since I just used it on the bench to check packs and it chirps very loud and sharp every time you connect a battery. A good choice, though, if you are planning to put it on the Phantom since it should be audible from a loong way away.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic