2,500 year old selfie...

Reaction score

Attachments

• rsz_1rsz_dji00386.jpg
    rsz_1rsz_dji00386.jpg
    388.6 KB · Views: 614
Interesting. In the US, that's where we'd put a subdivision of expensive homes with walkout basements. :- p

Ha! We have a lot of ancient history round here being on the Thames and close to the ancient downland trail called The Ridgeway. My town got it's Royal Charter in 1155 but there's been a fortified settlement of some sort here since at least the 9th century as it was an important crossing point over the Thames. Sadly our castle was destroyed as we backed the wrong side in the Civil War, but I flew over its old grounds on that first Rotorpixel video I posted.

Sorry for the history lesson!

Pull_Up said:
Ha! We have a lot of ancient history round here being on the Thames and close to the ancient downland trail called The Ridgeway. My town got it's Royal Charter in 1155 but there's been a fortified settlement of some sort here since at least the 9th century as it was an important crossing point over the Thames. Sadly our castle was destroyed as we backed the wrong side in the Civil War, but I flew over its old grounds on that first Rotorpixel video I posted.

Sorry for the history lesson!

Oh Yeah? Well....we just got a new WalMart! :p

Reactions: dirkclod

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20