2.4Ghz to 5.8Ghz p4p+

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I seem to be having trouble changing from 2.4 to 5.8ghz on my p4p+.

When I switch it over (hopefully to fix low image transmission signal and strong interference warnings) none of the usable channel green bars appear. I get nothing - no green, no red etc ... I’ve tried changing from auto to custom and that seems to be the same.

Any ideas??

When you select custom and pick a channel, the interference bars should reveal to display channel activity for the available channels. You should also have the option to reduce your transmission quality at that point, only if you're in the US flying FCC complaint app software. CE version app is hindered and doesn't have that option.

This is what happens when I select 5.8Ghz and custom -

be4079ade66ce0d4655ca4cf0ff684a8.jpg

I don’t really see anywhere to select or change channels ?? And as you can see nothing comes up in each of the channels ??

This is what happens when I select 5.8Ghz and custom -

be4079ade66ce0d4655ca4cf0ff684a8.jpg

I don’t really see anywhere to select or change channels ?? And as you can see nothing comes up in each of the channels ??

When you click "CUSTOM", I recall the pull down selection for channels, am I wrong?

You may simply not have any interference with 5.8, depending on where you are. Click 2.4Ghz and see if it shows interference measurements. Remember, 5.8 doesn't penetrate walls as well as 2.4, so the higher 5.8Ghz frequency is inherently less noisy in suburban areas. If you're our in the country, you might have no interference. Where do you live?

When you click "CUSTOM", I recall the pull down selection for channels, am I wrong?

You may simply not have any interference with 5.8, depending on where you are. Click 2.4Ghz and see if it shows interference measurements. Remember, 5.8 doesn't penetrate walls as well as 2.4, so the higher 5.8Ghz frequency is inherently less noisy in suburban areas. If you're our in the country, you might have no interference. Where do you live?

This is obviously in a suburban area because I’m at home - but is the exact same result I had whilst away last week in the middle of nowhere.

I would have thought If there was usable channels on the 5.8Ghz frequency they’d show up in green ??

This is obviously in a suburban area because I’m at home - but is the exact same result I had whilst away last week in the middle of nowhere.

I would have thought If there was usable channels on the 5.8Ghz frequency they’d show up in green ??
What country do you live in? Are you CE or FCC?

Hmm, I'm not sure if that's CE or FCC rules down there. So I presume if you click the CUSTOM button, you don't get a pulldown menu of channels to select from. If that's the case you might be CE rules that don't allow switching, but I'm unsure. Maybe others in this forum from down under will be able to help you.

What happens when you click 2.4Ghz? Are there custom channels to select from? Does it give you the interference meters to read?

Hmm, I'm not sure if that's CE or FCC rules down there. So I presume if you click the CUSTOM button, you don't get a pulldown menu of channels to select from. If that's the case you might be CE rules that don't allow switching, but I'm unsure. Maybe others in this forum from down under will be able to help you.

What happens when you click 2.4Ghz? Are there custom channels to select from? Does it give you the interference meters to read?
He is not getting the interference red or green and doesn't know what exactly they mean. If you get green that's good if you see red is that interference? I'm not even sure myself and Been flying for over a year. I get what he is saying, mine too when I sellect 5.8.... I get very few lines and on very few channels, more red then green but very very low on the scale unlike when I'm in 2.4Ghz I'm out in the open by the lake here in Canada

He is not getting the interference red or green and doesn't know what exactly they mean. If you get green that's good if you see red is that interference? I'm not even sure myself and Been flying for over a year. I get what he is saying, mine too when I sellect 5.8.... I get very few lines and on very few channels, more red then green but very very low on the scale unlike when I'm in 2.4Ghz I'm out in the open by the lake here in Canada
Generally speaking the 5.8ghz band will show less traffic on each channel because there are few users of 5.8Ghz for wifi, PLUS.... 5.8Ghz doesn't penetrate walls as good, so outside where we fly will be cleaner from wifi interference on 5.8Ghz.

Generally speaking the 5.8ghz band will show less traffic on each channel because there are few users of 5.8Ghz for wifi, PLUS.... 5.8Ghz doesn't penetrate walls as good, so outside where we fly will be cleaner from wifi interference on 5.8Ghz.

Question, I've been flying a lot in the country on 2.4 and seem to loose signal just around 1 mile and in clear LOS with no wires/interference etc.
I'm still learning, but would 5.8 be better. Appreciate any help

Reactions: yrnosam1
Ok so does Red mean traffic interference and green means what channels your RC controller is currently using with your Drone.
Also when in Auto, does the channels change randomly during your flight finding clearer signal on the fly? Sorry for the confusion but maybe your answer will help many who like me are not sure of those constantly moving up/down red and green lines on the display.

Reactions: yrnosam1
Ok so does Red mean traffic interference and green means what channels your RC controller is currently using with your Drone.
Also when in Auto, does the channels change randomly during your flight finding clearer signal on the fly? Sorry for the confusion but maybe your answer will help many who like me are not sure of those constantly moving up/down red and green lines on the display.

It's never been clear what exactly Green Stable means in comparison to Red Unstable, maybe others here in the forum know. But BLUE is the channel you are on. Yes, AUTO means it will automatically change channels to something else when it deems necessary to maintain a good connection. It does not do this "randomly", it will select the appropriate channel that's with least interference, and it will do that unannounced.

Go4 may look a little different than this, but this in general is what you see, plus the 5.8Ghz option.
upload_2017-10-30_12-25-54.png

The color implies that green channels (green for good) are viable to use and red channels aren't so good (red for warning, bad), which seems pretty intuitive. So if you are selecting a custom channel, it's best to use a channel with the LEAST traffic, and is GREEN.

Selecting a custom channel allows you to select the bit rate for transmission quality, auto does not allow that. The slower the bit rate the farther the range you'll get. Theoretically AUTO should do this for you automatically, but some feel the signal integrity is more consistent with a SET lower bit rate. You may see momentary glitches in the video feed as the auto channel switches from one channel to another, hence being on a fixed channel at a low bit rate may appear to work better, being more consistent.

Last edited:
Reactions: Henry Matias

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20