2.4Ghz amplifier interferes with 5.8ghz FPV on P2

Reaction score
I have a phantom 2 non-vision setup.

I have installed a Sunhans 2.4ghz booster on my controller with a 6db antenna. My FPV boscam 5.8ghz monitor is also mounted on my controller. When I turn on the amplifier/booster, I get video interference.

I am looking for suggestions on how to limit the interference. I know that separating the controller antenna from the FPV antenna as far as possible should help, but so far it has not helped much. I plan to shield the booster and cables. Any other tricks?

which mount style are you using? one of the 3d-printed ones that gets the display up and away from the RC, or one of the little metal ones that mount onto the front clip / silver thing?

Did you like, open your RC, dig out the antenna connector and replace that stuff? trying to understand how exactly you have that sunhans booster installed

Yes, i took off my stock antenna and plugged in another connector. So I can now screw in another antenna or the booster onto the RC.

The photo is NOT my controller, but this is an example of the mount that i use.

Attachments

• 7-8-inch-FPV-Monitor-Mount-to-Futaba-2.jpg
    7-8-inch-FPV-Monitor-Mount-to-Futaba-2.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 690
Have you tried it without the 2.4Ghz amplifier? Also, what is the mW rating of the amplifier?

I MIGHT have fixed it. Looks good indoors anyway.
I have two antennas on my monitor. The helix was not picking up interference. The pinwheel was picking it up. I move the pinwheel to the antenna port furtherest away from my controller antenna. Then I put copper tape on the antenna stem and a very narrow strip of copper tape on the controller antenna on the side facing the pinwheel antenna. No further interference. Will try it outdoors soon.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik