2.4Ghz Amp?

Reaction score
I've been looking at something like this...

F47033-4.JPG

I'd like a simple Amp that screws in between the RC and the Antenna. I've already modded the RC to use the more standard connector and I've got a couple of nice antenna's. I've got a bit 8db omnidirectional and a flat panel style one too. Both work very well. I don't know if I'd really get much more range by adding an amp. Is a 2W good enough? Are there better options? Any advice appreciated.

Also I'm not sure what to do about a power supply. The one's I've seen require 3 - 5v so I assume you could pull that out of the RC somewhere. If you went directly to the battery compartment you would be pulling 6v, right? So that's a bit too much. Any ideas there?

Many thanks in advance.

Nearer 12v from the battery. The naza has low voltage outputs on some of the empty terminals but I'm not sure which. Others I am sure will chime in with a 5v takeoff location.

The 6v found in the RC Tx is probably too close to 5v to allow just a simple regulator.

You could just tap power between cells/batts. 3 and 4 for about 4.5v or add a couple of diodes in series for about a 0.7v drop across each.

Just be aware that the specific amp you have pictured won't work with the Vision plus...

It is a one way amplifier so it won't work with our bi-directional 2.4ghz wifi...

And it is 2.4 so it won't work with our 5.8ghz control signal... :ugeek:

DBS said:
Just be aware that the specific amp you have pictured won't work with the Vision plus...

It is a one way amplifier so it won't work with our bi-directional 2.4ghz wifi...

Good to know! It was advertised on EBay under the heading DJI Phantom. This is the actual listing:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-4G-Radio-Sign ... 3f3e5ba073

So any suggestions on a better unit?

DBS said:

Good points. :)

I was focused on the technical side of the question plus I have a P2 so in my 'world' there was no issues. ;)

rbhamilton said:
DBS said:

Good to know! It was advertised on EBay under the heading DJI Phantom. This is the actual listing:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-4G-Radio-Sign ... 3f3e5ba073

So any suggestions on a better unit?

As DBS mentioned that amp isn't a good one for a V+.
For a RC booster you need a 5.4Ghz one.
I use a sunhans SH58Gi1000 for the RC.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic