2.4G FPV setup for Phantom FC40

Reaction score
Hi All, I am loking for advice on an TX, FPV, OSD, Camera combination? I have a Phantom FC40 with Quantum Q-2D Gimbal (w- GoPro 3) installed and up until now have been persevering with WiFi via iPhone and the horrible lag. I am going to stick with the FC40 5.8G controller as the distance is not an issue as I am unlikely to want to exceed it's capabilities. I have pretty much settled on a 2.4G TX as an option and to that end have already purchased a DVR5008W 5" 2.4G FPV Monitor. The reasoning including ok reviews was it came with a 2.4G option and I wanted an all in one package with RX, battery etc and the DVR was a bonus. I was only guessing/hoping but it has arrived and fits happily in the phone holder on the DJI Transmitter. The next step and question(s) is what Tx to go for? As I am not looking to cover extreme distances I thought something in the lower-end MW range 200-500 might be ok? I had looked at Boscam TS321's which seem to get more positive than negative reviews and are readily available, light and well priced. Even though I like the Gimbal/GoPro video results I was thing of changing the Gimbal mount to the Walkera quick release version so I could swap off the (heavier) gimbal and put on a simple light weight FPV camera for just flying around. Even though a super simple light camera is the main query I had contemplated something like the Boscam CM210 with bulit-in tilt. This is on the assumption that the tilt level on the DJi Transmitter can work the tilt on the camera? I am only guessing there. ;)

antennas antennas antennas. i cannot say it enough times. power is good but antennas make it all work. i called a company http://www.dpcav.com phone number under contacts and spoke with a guy named Thomas and he made my purchase easy. I browsed through their web page as he instructed me and what was really cool was I called them at about 9am and finished about 10am made my purchase for a fatshark system through paypal and received everything the very next day. I am in a remote part of Northern California so that was super cool in my opinion. Since then I have called and asked Thomas questions as I needed answers and he has stepped up to the plate and all ways come through with a reply or at least where to search to find the answers if he did not know. Since then I have gotten a goggles, monitor, dvr, iosd. Thomas gave me very detailed instructions for a cable I needed to modify and his instructions were different then one I found online. I used thomas's instructions and everything works great. I love being able to record my telemetry and I think if I ever lost my quad my dvr would show me exactly where to search to find it.

now you being 2.4 your options are different then mine. You also might want to check fpvlr.com for antennas that will rock your world.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20