1st time buyer

Reaction score
Just got my first drone in the mail and will be putting it together later today. Any tricks, advice or accessories i will need to get or know before I take my first flight? I purchased the phantom 3 standard.

Yes. Read the forums! Lots to take in. Just start by not going to high or far until you understand the rules. Most topics surface weekly so just keep an eye on new threads. There are step by step box opening to flight videos on you tube. Have fun. Fly safe.

Reactions: robiefield
Read the manual twice and then go to You Tube and look at the elements, especially first flight then the Naza mode and its different functions. Learn the S1, S2 switches and functions before take off that way you can help prevent your first crash due to pilot error and not knowing your craft.

And I forgot safety first and patience. in US don't fly above 400 ft. and over other objects you don't want to pay for if you accidently come down. Remember what goes up must definitely come down SOMEWHERE!!!

The manual does not come in the box. You can download it here. Also, check out the Phantom Help Guide. After thoroughly understanding both of those manuals and doing all of the necessary calibrations (see step #48 here), you'll be all set for your first flight.

Last edited:
I have the Standard and I use Samsung Galaxy S3 and Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Lite. I don't know if this will happen for all phones and tablets but I ran into one problem where after a few recorded flights, the DJI Go app was crashing on me every time I pressed record. Lucky for me I always press record before I take off because I wasn't able to get back to the app once it crashed. It turns out it was a bug in the app. Read this forum I linked below and follow the steps on how to set up and turn the video cache off. And always check to make sure it is still off before each and every flight. You don't want to lose the app while in the air.

DJI Forum|DJI Go APP Crashing Bug (repeatable)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31