1st real flight with litchi

Reaction score
Hi,
I just got back from my first flight using litchi. Actually, it's one of my first flights ever. I have a .mov file that is approaching 3 gig!!! How to make it a size that is uploadable to this site or any other for that matter?
Any guidance would be appreciated as I'd like to share.
Thanks ... Ed

Well done on flying your first Litchi Mission. You'll need to let us know more info about the file. What duration is the footage and what resolution&FPS was it shot in?

Well done on flying your first Litchi Mission. You'll need to let us know more info about the file. What duration is the footage and what resolution&FPS was it shot in?
Hi, it's about 6 minutes, 3840x2160, 30 fps.
Thanks ... Ed

File size for that res and time seems spot on. Only way to reduce would be shoot @ 1080. Not sure if that would suit your needs. However if you prefer to shoot 4K then I don't think you're going to get that size any smaller.

Jas

I haven't uploaded any of my footage here so I'm unsure of the size rules etc. However after I've graded and edited my footage with Premier Pro I can compress the file size on export before I upload to my youtube channel.

Jas

Hi, it's about 6 minutes, 3840x2160, 30 fps.
Thanks ... Ed

Very very few people have computer monitors that can display UHD video so uploading at that resolution will only benefit a tiny number of members. You can downsample the video using a suitable video editor. 1080P provides very good quality for most computer screens. That will make the file a lot smaller.

Plus, you can't upload to this forum. The best way is to put the video on YouTube or Vimeo and supply a link. I know YouTube provides an option to select lower resolutions, so you could upload at 3840x2160 and viewers could choose to watch 1920x1080.

Ok, here goes.
Let the beatings begin.
After looking at it myself it needs a lot of improvement, but it's a start!

Upload to YouTube & post link when it's finished processing.

Hi,
I just got back from my first flight using litchi. Actually, it's one of my first flights ever. I have a .mov file that is approaching 3 gig!!! How to make it a size that is uploadable to this site or any other for that matter?
Any guidance would be appreciated as I'd like to share.
Thanks ... Ed

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj