1st Post, I have an error

Reaction score
Hello, first post. I was upgrading my firmware when I got this error.
"Abnormal compass data. Please restart the flight controller or reconnect the compass due to the losse connection. if this error continues, please contact your dealer or DJI customer service"

Any ideas?

Did you restart the phantom, have you tried calibrating the compass, have you tried an advanced IMU calibration

Sana

Sanababit said:
Did you restart the phantom, have you tried calibrating the compass, have you tried an advanced IMU calibration

Sana

Well, I know how to do the compass dance before a flight but beyond that, I don't know how to calibrate the compass or do an IMU calibration.

Cambo5150 said:
Sanababit said:

Sana

Well, I know how to do the compass dance before a flight but beyond that, I don't know how to calibrate the compass or do an IMU calibration.

Hi, have you checked the cable going into the compass, on my phantom is on the left backhand side of the heli, its all silver in color and has a grey cable going into it, maybe try detaching and reataching that particular cable, or in you phantom assitant software you can try an IMU calibration, go to advance and you will go to the calibration page, good luck

Sana

This is quite a common error.

Make sure the phantom is resting on a flat LEVEL surface (don't do this with it resting on your knees etc :) )

With the Phantom connected to the computer just power cycle the phantom and then in the assistant app you'll see the menu for compass and IMU calibration. Just do those.

Power cycle the phantom again and you should be good to go.

There's a compass calibration video you can look at http://sharewith.excipere.com/

hope that helps

Bmews

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj