Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

1st attempt black goop of death

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision + Discussion' started by dkeshish, Mar 8, 2015.

1. dkeshish

Hi guys, let me start by saying I am in no way a pro, don't do electronic work much. I'm a mortgage lender.... With that said here is my removal of the black goo of death. It took me a total of 15mins. So I read all the posts about this nasty stuff and was terrified. I figure since I ordered the antennas from tony @fpvlr why not try. Worst case scenario I buy another 5.8 receiver board at $40... Started with a razor and it didn't do much to the first layer... I got to thinking a fine tip dremel piece with steady hands might get me going
    So after I got close to the pins and board I stopped. Grabbed the wife's nail polish remover (acetone) and started slowly soaking and chipping away with a razor.it helps to know where the connection meets the pin as u can focus on that area and basically cut a line through there. The goo was even under the wire connectors! So long story short here is the final product

Attached Files:

2. dkeshish

Attached Files: