1964 Worlds Fair, Flushing Meadow. Queens, NY

Reaction score
New York State Pavilion Including the Unisphere and the "Tent Of Tomorrow" from the World's Fair in Flushing Meadows-Corona Park, 1964. Video taken May 2014

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhFrYsc-nFU[/youtube]

My mother just had to go there for it as there were several things she wanted to see.
I got to see one of the first variable message signs "with no moving parts".
We saw some new fangled thing called a microwave.
And I even participated in a live teleconference with kids at disneyland in California.

It says this video is not available.

It's not youtube. It's GEMA, they are Satan.
That's why I hate it here, Most days the internet is so slow I can't upload or watch videos on youtube. I'm glad I'm moving back to the states in December.

Nice video. I liked how you stayed below the tops of the structures. The park is smack in the middle of the Class B airspace for both La Guardia and JFK. Had you gone any higher the FAA might have paid you a visit.

SilentAV8R said:
Nice video. I liked how you stayed below the tops of the structures. The park is smack in the middle of the Class B airspace for both La Guardia and JFK. Had you gone any higher the FAA might have paid you a visit.

lol... thanks for noticing.. I am rather responsible at times...

SkysTheLimit said:
SilentAV8R said:

Just admiring your situational awareness. Saw a video a couple of months back where a guy is almost hit by a full size. He's amazed by it being there and has no idea where it came from. He did not see it until he reviewed his video later on.

He was blissfully unaware that he was flying off the departure end of Van Nuys airport, the busiest general aviation airport int he US. Zero situational awareness :evil:

SilentAV8R said:
SkysTheLimit said:
SilentAV8R said:

Just admiring your situational awareness. Saw a video a couple of months back where a guy is almost hit by a full size. He's amazed by it being there and has no idea where it came from. He did not see it until he reviewed his video later on.

He was blissfully unaware that he was flying off the departure end of Van Nuys airport, the busiest general aviation airport int he US. Zero situational awareness :evil:

I happen to live by 2-3 Major airports and a handful of smaller ones.. Every news outlet has a chopper and the police departments... There is always something overhead... So with that being said, maybe I'm overly sensitive to flying objects? But! I do realize my uav is the lowest on the food chain and its my job to make sure I'm not in anyone's flight path.. Lots of aircraft can share the sky as long as everyone plays together nicely.. its like the rules of the road and sea...

and thank you for the complement.. lololol

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20