1500 meter "Distance Limit Reached"

Reaction score
Hello,

I do a lot of video shooting out at sea while on a boat. Yesterday I took out my new vision + to sea for the first time. After taking some videos of a boat which I'm on, I got a notification on my device saying that "Distance Limit Reached" and I believe it started to Return to Home. After telling the captain to head back I retrieved the vision + safely.

This never happened before with my original vision. Is there any way to not have the distance limited to 1500 meters?

Cheers,

Brian

Re: 1500 meter

You can modify the limits with the Phantom Assistant software.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 919

I'm -really- confused about your post, and I'm guessing you are even more confused, right?

1500 Meters, you sure about that skippa? You had this quad out to 5000FT before it decided to take a break?

No, you are a goofball that allowed for the 1.0.50 update to control your phantom. What you are calling (wrongly) 1500M is 1500FT, about 500M, give or take.

If you had 5000FT that is 1 mile. Did you ever feel you were a mile distant from your home base? Of course not. You don't know how to defeat automatic software updates, and I'm not inclined to help you. Pro Tip---- 1.0.40 is probably the last update you'd ever want from DJI. It is a nice balance between technology, and lack of regulation by government.

Re: 1500 meter "Distance Limit Reached"

DCQuadrotor said:
I'm -really- confused about your post, and I'm guessing you are even more confused, right?

1500 Meters, you sure about that skippa? You had this quad out to 5000FT before it decided to take a break?

No, you are a goofball that allowed for the 1.0.50 update to control your phantom. What you are calling (wrongly) 1500M is 1500FT, about 500M, give or take.

If you had 5000FT that is 1 mile. Did you ever feel you were a mile distant from your home base? Of course not. You don't know how to defeat automatic software updates, and I'm not inclined to help you. Pro Tip---- 1.0.40 is probably the last update you'd ever want from DJI. It is a nice balance between technology, and lack of regulation by government.
Is it possible to downgrade to 1.0.40?

Re: 1500 meter "Distance Limit Reached"

DCQuadrotor said:
What you are calling (wrongly) 1500M is 1500FT, about 500M, give or take.

By the way, I did fly it 1500 Meters (not feet) from where the drone registered it's home point.

http://droneslinger.com/software.html

You're welcome! Unload 1.0.50 as fast as you can from your control device. It is from the devil. FAA / USG controlled, pressured DJI into defeating their own hardware and innovation with crippling software updates that limit height and distance. They tried to lure owners in with 'autonomous' (waypoint / nav) flight but just sort of 'forgot' to mention you can only fly these waypoints about 1/4 the distance vertically, and 1/8th the distance horizontally.

A stock Phantom 2+ w/ Wifi Extender is good out to about 1 kilometer horizontal and (more scary to gubmint) 300+M vertical, that is about 1,000 ft WAY beyond the 'suggested' ceiling of 400ft by FAA.

For less than 200 dollars if you know where to look on the interwebz, you can get your horizontal distance out to about 3 klicks (3km), and vertical to, wait for it... wait for it... 3km (3000m) this second part strikes fear into any regulatory agency. That is about 10,000 feet. Not -quite- the flight range of commercial aircraft, but 9,500 ft higher than any toy UAV should fly to.

DCQuadrotor said:

You're wrong. The distance limit is 1500 METERS by default but can be changed.

The 500M limit you refer to applies ONLY TO GROUND STATION Waypoints.

LRN 2 RTFM

marathon-boats.com said:
DCQuadrotor said:
What you are calling (wrongly) 1500M is 1500FT, about 500M, give or take.
By the way, I did fly it 1500 Meters (not feet) from where the drone registered it's home point.
Ignore him. I had mine to nearly 850 feet altitude with v. 1.0.50, and that was somewhat accidental. He doesn't seem to realize that the published distance and altitude limits apply only to Ground Station.

DCQuadrotor said:
I'm -really- confused about your post

You're really confused about a lot of things - more than the post.
Put your tinfoil hat back on, take your meds and sit in the corner watching Fox News.
The nice gubmint man will be around to take you back soon.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic