15 minites vs 22 minutes

Reaction score
Yesterday I decided to time my flight time. 15 TO 16 minutes was maxed. Once the alarm came on that states time to land it showed 18 percent left. This was with 4 different batteries. Showed 97 to 98% charge. How are you guys getting 22 minutes.

If you landed at 18% battery, you lost about 4 minutes of flight time. Also, it's cold where you're located this time of year, so that degrades the battery performance as well. Was it windy yesterday? If so, knock some time off for that.

msinger said:
If you landed at 18% battery, you lost about 4 minutes of flight time.

That's actually the problem that I have with the thing auto landing at 15%. So when the 20% alarm comes on you have to rush to land. If the Phantom default was warning at 20% and autoland at 10%, it would give you that extra flight time. But more importantly, it would make the return home and land much less stressful if you had that extra 5%. So I don't get why 1) the removed the option to change the settings, and 2) why they just don't make the default lower.

I get the same.
Try run the batteries down to 0% and charge back up again.
I did that on my batteries which have had 60+ recharges and was able to get an extra 2 mins.
i also stop at atound 20%. I have all the battery autoland settings turned off and it reaaallyy wants to come down at 15%.
Never really tested it enough to see if I could keep it up at 15%.. I know I can take iff again though.

Are people running it down past 15% etc?? guess that explains why my 15 mins isnt as good. Most people who have this issue always get the same magic 15 number I've noticed... perhaps its just a user error (on my part).

But ya try run battery down to 0%. I got an extra 2 mins before it reached like 20%.

I can try running it down to 0%. But all four batteries do the same. 15 minutes. Yesterday where we were flying at it was around 58degs and sunny. Winds were around 4mph. At 20% battery level the alarm goes off and I keep flying around me till it is at 0% on the Ipad.

To run it down past 15% i held it on the ground and used controller...careful if you put something heavy over the skids and it might vibrate heaps. Holding it down seems to cause less vibration just more dangerous..

I really think we are just measuring at diff points.. e.g we stop flying at 0 minutes (20-25% left) and others keep going..Because like I said, most people who have same issue also get 15 mins.. as in 15 is the magic number..

justin00, what you said makes me feel better. I was having a hard time understanding how some of the members stated they could fly around for 20 to 22 minutes. The only way I could understand that happening is to just take it up 20 feet and let it stay there. I am still learning the controls and how to operate it so mine is moving the whole time the battery is in.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.