[13]Potentiometer

Reaction score
What does this potentiometer (just below the camera tilt lever) control? The manual says nothing that I can find.

Phantom%20Controller%20Map.jpg

Personally I think it is something to do with adjusting the transmitter power output.
Would make some sense given the different laws in various countries.

On some versions of the transmitter I believe it is used to change the strength of the output signal.

Only on Visions. No use for NV Phantoms.

With that pot you can chance CE transmitter output to FCC transmitter output Wth fcc you contrle your bird over a langer distance. What output is allowed depends on the country you fly. CE is european regulation and fcc is bassically us regulation.

Yes, but only on the Vision (5.8Ghz).
It doesn't have much to do with distance or height (although they do increase - on the Vision), but rather 5.8Ghz transmitter signal strength regulations.
A 600mW video transmitter that runs on 5.8Ghz, which most of us use, is also "not legal" in some parts of the world. A 250mW usually is within regulated frequency strength limits.

I believe that my former FC40 had this same adjustment for CE and FCC. I believe turning the pot fully clockwise was for FCC.

Many Txs will. In the case of the Phantom, it would be financially unviable to make two different cases and two different PCB's just because of a $0.10 part (the pot), so they're all made the same, except on Non-Visions it has no functionality. Although you can turn is as much as you like.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.