13,000 ft. Engineer Mountain - Colorado

Very nice - LIKE! We have been Jeeping around the San Juan Mountains for the last few years, we stay for usually 4-6 weeks around July/August. Just started flying my P2 with a FPV setup and I've been wondering how well it will fly at that altitude - obviously it will.

Aw man ya I've been up in the San Juans every summer and winter for the last 17 years. Love the jeep trails up there... so many amazing places to fly my drone! Where do you stay? We have a cabin in the Rockwood neighborhood, about 15 minutes south of the DMR ski resort.

We're in a motorhome and stay at Centennial Campground (about 10 miles south of Montrose.) We have several buddies both locals and summer residents that we Jeep with usually once or twice a week.

Breathtaking.

I liked Marin as well.

Thanks Dan... :cool:

Hey everyone,

Thanks for the positive feedback! It was a ton of fun filming that summit shot :)

@knuckles, it takes around 4-6 hours to reach the summit. The rule is "Up by 12, down by 2" in order to avoid the nearly daily rainfall at that altitude. In the first part of the video, you see the shot rise up from the field of flowers and look at the summit. If you look closely you'll notice that there are clouds around the summit. I actually look this shot after we summited the mountain bc I had forgotten to take a shot earlier.

Cheers,
Dan

That's cool. I wish I lived near there. I had a Colorado vacation last year before I had my phantom. Plenty of awesome places I wish I could fly.

Ya there are so many cool places to go around there, I only had time to film 1-2 of them. Old mines, rapids, amazing looking mountains, skiing, ziplines, etc.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers