120m height

Reaction score
I have flown in a few different places with my vison plus and can't go any higher than 122m let alone 500 or higher. The view has been clear with no obstructions in every place I've been. Really annoying. How can I get it higher?

Reactions: Motlock
120M is the law in the UK. You need CAA approval to go higher. However you can go 120M up from the highest land point. Ben Nevis is about 1,300M..........

I think for a hobby it's 400 meters max you can go. Obviously still a risk due to police helicopters

You would hit the police helicopter at 50 meters here, lots of villains being chased. Can you not change the max height within the app?

400 feet - not meters - in UK

The intention is to keep separation between us and full size aircraft. With a few exceptions, 500 feet is the minimum altitude for full size aircraft in UK in non built up areas.

Reactions: Neon Euc
400 feet - not meters - in UK

The intention is to keep separation between us and full size aircraft. With a few exceptions, 500 feet is the minimum altitude for full size aircraft in UK in non built up areas.

In reality there is no minimum height for aviators. There’s a MSL minimum safe level which is usually 1,000 ft above the highest known point BUT, for a variety of reasons (usually staying alive) pilots will drop down lower, avoiding other aircraft, cloud etc. And of course the helichoppers will land where they want to. 400ft above ground level is where you will least expect to encounter an aircraft.

It's quote annoying 120m isn't really that high. It's clear and miles of sight so can you in any way go higher if your sensible? Plus what's the best app for flying. I can't get grips of dji vision so I'm using litchi for p2 is that the best one for it? Thanks everyone

I’m not familiar with P2 so can’t answer that but the 400 ft thing, although seemingly a bit low let’s say your at 1,000 ft. A low flying plane could be doing 200mph and you won’t necessarily hear it until it’s 1/2 mile away due to the height. At over 3 miles a minute you would only have 10 seconds to get the drone down to a safe height.

You can get CAA permission if you have a good reason to surpass the limits and can prove yourself safe but it’ll be more hassle than it’s worth

I know there’s a few if’s involved here but that’s how accidents happen.

Ps. At 120M people look tiny in a P4p .

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav