12 mile range with a P4!!!!!!

Reaction score
Just seen this - sorry if you have seen this already... a massive UK flight

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Copied this from YouTube. Searched for 12 mile P4 if this link doesn't work

It has been posted before

That video was done by Mohan. He flies around Swansea and Port Talbot.
Awesome flight over some high concentrations of wifi.
Of course the P4 wasn't standard but very impressive.
He landed in my mates garden lol.

not loading for me mate :-(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When this happens to me I tap the three dots at the top right and a few options become available. Click the web view option and when that view appears click the play arrow for the video. Works every time.

Hi

Hi; I've now got a Phantom 4 - can you tell me how you 'record' the video and then the 'map telemetry' together? I can record my videos to the micro-SD but am unsure how you record the map view - is there a download from within the telemetry data or do you just go to map mode when you're recording? I'm darned if I can find the answer on the DJI website...

Reactions: Nelson1345

That was very impressive i hope to be able to have the guts one day to try that.
Was there much wind and how long was the flight in munites?

Hi

Hi; I've now got a Phantom 4 - can you tell me how you 'record' the video and then the 'map telemetry' together? I can record my videos to the micro-SD but am unsure how you record the map view - is there a download from within the telemetry data or do you just go to map mode when you're recording? I'm darned if I can find the answer on the DJI website...
The Dji Go app does not record Telemetry, as far as I know, ..I use Litchi app to record screen.

Allegedly.
I get 3 miles out totally standard!!!
That is with a P3P on a 300B controller.
I think poor range is caused by the 300C.
You are correct, the 300C sucks for transmitting power. I've measured the RF transmit power and compared it to 300A and the Inspire 658A. The 300C is the weakest lightbridge RC DJI has ever made. This is one of my disappointments with the P4. I use the Inspire RC with the P4 as a result.

He upgraded his drone range extenders, I would take the risk doing it.

You are correct, the 300C sucks for transmitting power. I've measured the RF transmit power and compared it to 300A and the Inspire 658A. The 300C is the weakest lightbridge RC DJI has ever made. This is one of my disappointments with the P4. I use the Inspire RC with the P4 as a result.

I think all this about power between the A , B and C controllers is just in theory!!
In practice, different story.
I got an A, B and now the C when I got the p4.
I did a test in LOS condition and non LOS using the p4 with the different controllers at the same location, flight path, day and time period.
They all were the same, more or less to a few feet. In LOS condition the limiting range factor was always the battery.
In really bad non LOS, trees and houses directly in front of me within 25', there was no range difference between different controllers either! Around 3500' range

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I think all this about power between the A , B and C controllers is just in theory!!
I did a test in LOS condition and non LOS using the p4 with the different controllers at the same location, flight path, day and time period.
They all were the same, more or less to a few feet. In LOS condition the limiting range factor was always the battery.
In really bad non LOS, trees and houses directly in front of me within 25', there was no range difference between different controllers either! Around 3500' range

It's nice that you have had good luck. With the P4 RC I constantly get control signal disconnects just 3000-4000ft away, where I NEVER get control disconnects with my P3P (300A) even at 12,000ft away. It's a night and day difference in my case, very disappointing. So, I've mothballed my P4 RC GL300C and use an Inspire GL658A with my P4. With that my P4 performs like my P3P from a range and signal integrity point of view, like it should in the first place IMHO. There is no doubt in my mind that DJI is reducing power, hence less range and signal connection strength. My signal strength measurements prove the trend. We seriously need some competition for DJI so they stop this power reduction strategy. So far only Autel seems to be close. I expect the value of old DJI Lightbridge RCs is going to skyrocket if this keeps going on.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wibble

I used to get 10,000 feet range with my 300A
The USB port stopped working. My dealer offered me a new 300C. I said no thanks so they found me a 300B old stock.
My range went from 10,000 losing signal to 14,000ft plus with no loss at all. Battery is now the limit.
Everything standard!!!

I am going to fly the same path that I get 32000+' on stock A version And see what I get with the C version.
I don't want to use the p4 for this as it doesn't have the power mod. And I don't think the batteries can do 24 mins!!. I'll wait till next week and try it with the p3p and upload the flight logs. I suppose you guys got to be right, but it will be good to see the results.

I used to get 10,000 feet range with my 300A
The USB port stopped working. My dealer offered me a new 300C. I said no thanks so they found me a 300B old stock.
My range went from 10,000 losing signal to 14,000ft plus with no loss at all. Battery is now the limit.
Everything standard!!!

Ok here it is, couldn't wait til in get then p3 so did a test with the p4 and the A and C controllers under LOS conditions.
I include the flight data in HD. Look under sensors and signal score, there you will see signal strength of 91 for the C and 67 for the A. In neither controller did I have any signal issues. Both controllers stock.

The A

HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

The C
HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

I have done the same test in non LOS conditions and again no signal differences Ott range between the two.
So I am lost as to why so many people report range issues with the C, obviously some I put to user inexperience but the rest who have experience reporting range issues leads me to believe that maybe there are different C versions using different components!!! Obviously there has to be a reason!

It's nice that you have had good luck. With the P4 RC I constantly get control signal disconnects just 3000-4000ft away, where I NEVER get control disconnects with my P3P (300A) even at 12,000ft away. It's a night and day difference in my case, very disappointing. So, I've mothballed my P4 RC GL300C and use an Inspire GL658A with my P4. With that my P4 performs like my P3P from a range and signal integrity point of view, like it should in the first place IMHO. There is no doubt in my mind that DJI is reducing power, hence less range and signal connection strength. My signal strength measurements prove the trend. We seriously need some competition for DJI so they stop this power reduction strategy. So far only Autel seems to be close. I expect the value of old DJI Lightbridge RCs is going to skyrocket if this keeps going on.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31