1080p 60fps

Reaction score
Updated DJI GO app yesterday. Flown today, and at 1080p 60 frames per second not available anymore?... :/

I am using the latest version of IOS and the DJI go app.
I have tried the 1080p 60 fps setting, a few times, and was disappointed, in the video quality in 60 fps.
The video was not good as 1080p 30 fps, also, it looked pixelated.
Maybe the P3 Standard camera, and processing chips, are not capable of 60 fps, and, DJI is trying to force this with software changes ?
Anybody else try out the 1080p 60 fps out ?

Is what I use and was a selling point of the standard it did do 1080 60fps
OT now from Topic.
Do you have it now you have updated your app Ken ?

Is what I use and was a selling point of the standard it did do 1080 60fps
OT now from Topic.
Do you have it now you have updated your app Ken ?
Maybe I am confused... didn't the 1080/60 option only show up in 2.4.3?

Reactions: dirkclod
Maybe I am confused... didn't the 1080/60 option only show up in 2.4.3?
Yep..I stand corrected but do wonder if it's gone now . It was the 2.7K I was thinking of .

It is also missing from the Android 2.5.0 version as well.

Reactions: dirkclod
1080p 60fps worked well. Really sad they take away features just because. No reason for it.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: ninosnicolaou
Yeah I just check and they removed it.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

60fps looked shitty anyways
At 30fps the sensor gets more light per frame, so I doesn't have to amplify the image as much. That's why, in low light 30fps is better than 60fps. A sunny day, however, 60fps can be useful if you want to capture fast yawing or objects that are moving quickly and as long as there is enough light the picture won't be grainy.

They took it out of 2.5.0 !? What the !

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Yes. Junk. I don't know everything about cameras and editing though. I only use 2.7k. Whatever that is.

I am using the latest version of IOS and the DJI go app.
I have tried the 1080p 60 fps setting, a few times, and was disappointed, in the video quality in 60 fps.
The video was not good as 1080p 30 fps, also, it looked pixelated.
Maybe the P3 Standard camera, and processing chips, are not capable of 60 fps, and, DJI is trying to force this with software changes ?
Anybody else try out the 1080p 60 fps out ?

I updated mine and it's gone also switched to raw and jpeg so may be that to

You guys should apply for the DJI Developer and start developing your own apps. The SDK kit is now available and all features are unlocked for you to tinker with. It's free, and the only thing they require is a credit card. I used a disposable CC to apply. This access will also allow you to bypass any restrictions (opt out) that may be in place in the future (like Geo Fencing) as you're on file with DJI.

DJI Developer
DJI Developer - SDK download

Regarding Opt Out: DJI Launches Public Beta of New Geofencing System

To accommodate the large variety of authorized applications, GEO will allow drone operators with verified DJI accounts to self-authorize and temporarily unlock flight in some locations. Certain areas where drone flight is not allowed, such as Washington D.C., will remain as unlockable no-fly zones. Unlocking requires a DJI account verified with a credit card, debit card or mobile phone number. DJI will neither collect nor store the information, and the service is free.

Last edited:
Reactions: mikep2323

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20