107 license

Reaction score
Who has 107 license and pays insurance
The insurance seems high to me. I did see one company that sells it by the hour which wouldn't be too bad. I am going to take a few pictures for a friend of mine who is in real estate i don't know that i would ever take anymore. If he talks to some of his friends and they are interested I would try and get the license and insurance. I just hate to pay that much.

I have P107 and pay insurance. We carry $2M and also full hull coverage on all of our aircraft. It's not cheap but if you're going to be a professional you've got to cover your assets.

The "pay by hour" works ok for some people (it's called Verify) but if you fly a lot the math doesn't work out very well and there are some places (construction sites, NPS I think, and others) that do not accept Verify as an insurance provider. I've not shopped lately so the previous comment could have changed slightly over time.

At this point I would NOT invest a lot into a Real Estate gig as that market is hugely saturated and it's hard to stay afloat with people working for next to nothing (some work for nothing... REALLY).

Reactions: David Boulanger
Thanks for the information. I live in Louisiana and as far as I know there is one person who is in the business. I was just thinking about it but don't want to tie up a lot of money. I was just wondering about the insurance. I have one friend who owns a real estate business and I haven't really talked to him about doing some video. Thanks again for the information.

Thanks for the information. I live in Louisiana and as far as I know there is one person who is in the business.

With all due respect your numbers are WAY off. I live in a very rural/secluded part of the country and I can tell you without even trying to validate that there are at least 15 "Licensed" sUAS operators within 10 miles of me and that # is growing weekly.

This is an article from July of this year so it's fairly "current" but it shows Louisiana as having between 900 - 999 Licensed sUAS operators. I'd say you could probably add another 1/3 more to that for "unlicensed" operators who are doing this type of work under the table for beer & food LOL.

Maybe this video will help.

Attachments

• upload_2018-8-29_16-35-2.png
    upload_2018-8-29_16-35-2.png
    10.3 KB · Views: 295
Reactions: BigAl07
Working on prep for my recurrent test and there is a question I got no clue and can't seem to find a simple answer.
Question is #1 under Airspace classification and operating requirments.

Looking for the required flight visibility at Plantation Airport (JYL)

Any Help with this would be great!

Working on prep for my recurrent test and there is a question I got no clue and can't seem to find a simple answer.
Question is #1 under Airspace classification and operating requirments.

Looking for the required flight visibility at Plantation Airport (JYL)

The FAA is trying to throw you off by listing a specific airport. The required flight visibility is the same everywhere.

is it 5 or 3 statute miles? I cant remember

A good exercise. Rather than asking in a forum, what would be the official way for you to find out?

Found it in my notes, Thanks!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl