Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

1. cdusher

As a hobby I can call my class e to surface airport and the manager is fine with it.
    Commercially I have to submit a request to the FAA.
    Tried twice. Both times I was I received an email stating the requests were before the start date of 10/3/16. They were not.
    I got the second email prior to the date I had requested.
    If they're pushing the 90 day period It's pretty unless to make a request as who
    could possibly know what the conditions would be a month or two down the road.
    Puzzled!!!

#1 cdusher, Oct 7, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2016
  2. Cactus Wren

Not quite following your meaning. Could you clarify? Without the typos ... ?

3. Jussaguy

Here has been my experience and at SMO and BUR I have asked for clearance and received it at least 5 times with zero negatives since writing this and always pretty much on the same day and once while I was at the site.

First time getting tower clearance to fly my P4 was SIMPLE!