100W Night Sun Addon

What an amazing light painting tool! I was very surprised by the level of light it put out.

PS - not really 'News' so I moved this to 'General Discussion'. ;)

wow 100watts of led is a lot of freaking light. I have a 3 watt single led cree flash light and that thing can even damage some ones eyes and blind some one.

Close Encounters.[emoji89]

Wow! That was bright! :shock:

As I posted elsewhere, 100W is what you need for night photography. But, it isn't really practical unless your quad can carry a light battery and you plan to do low altitude filming. But, I still miss the attraction.

I would rather night fly with a bank of Infrared LEDs. But, the attraction, for me, of night flying is to have an interesting lit Phantom that looks great from the ground. A bright light flying over someone's property is a great target.

And I thought my 10 watt LED was impressive. I bow to the master of illumination. :shock:

That thing is really bright!

However, I think this guy tweaked most of the exposure levels on the photos at the end of the clip?

Hard to believe this light can illuminate such large areas at night.

MadMitch88 said:
That thing is really bright!

However, I think this guy tweaked most of the exposure levels on the photos at the end of the clip?

Hard to believe this light can illuminate such large areas at night.

If you are referring to a timed exposure you are probably correct. Here is a raw photo out of my Gopro of a mortar explosion. That is a woods with full grown trees down there and there is at least a 1/4 mile of light on the ground from one mortar.

2yjv4pg.jpg

TJ,
What are you doing, throwing mortar shells around New York? You just may excite some one. :lol:

That time lapsed exposure of the mortar is freaking awesome. I also has me jonesing for the 3 short months of the year I like about ny

J.James said:
That time lapsed exposure of the mortar is freaking awesome. I also has me jonesing for the 3 short months of the year I like about ny

The mortar photo is not time lapse photography but a raw still shot from my Gopro. Here is the link to the video -

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Here are two photos I took, one with a normal exposure time and one with an extended exposure time. When photographing at night you have to think of light like rain falling from the sky into a bucket, the longer you hold the bucket in the rain the fuller it gets. Likewise when you keep the shutter open on your lens longer, more light makes it to the image sensor so shots in more or less pitch black look like dusk/daytime. See the example...

2vvufk3.jpg
21oonkk.jpg

extended exposure ya thats what I was thinking but called it time lapsed..

Cool video
Them pics you just posted is that beardlys castle?

J.James said:
extended exposure ya thats what I was thinking but called it time lapsed..

Cool video
Them pics you just posted is that beardlys castle?
It is a place in the desert near Goodyear, AZ called The Estrella Star Tower. It's a really cool place to photograph at sunset.
The rusty part has tiny lights in it at night. Here are a couple more pics.

2yjy6nq.jpg
24oczsw.jpg

Oh ok in the other day time pic that is definite not Beardslee Castle Tho being i see you are in NY I thought it may have been in them night shots of the trees. Beardslee Castle is near Gloversville, NY

LuvMyTJ said:
............The mortar photo is not time lapse photography but a raw still shot from my Gopro. Here is the link to the video -

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Su8dO4TpT2o[/youtube]

6:27 scared the bejeezuz out of me.

Totally irresponsible to fly INTO and THROUGH fireworks.

Totally awesome lighting and photography information in this thread. Thanks for sharing

I have to wonder what's so wrong with flying through little pyrotechnics which are falling from above, okay and flying at your bird. It's not like you're going to plummet to earth, unless it's a direct hit when the thing explodes. I've noticed most fireworks go off over uninhabited sections of land. Am I missing something?

480sparky said:
6:27 scared the bejeezuz out of me.

Totally irresponsible to fly INTO and THROUGH fireworks.

Just an FYI - the pyrotechnics were arranged and set off by a friend of mine who does this part time with the proper permits & licenses. As you can see there are no other structures other than the land owners house nearby (it was in the back 40) I was mainly holding position but there was a fairly strong wind so it appears as though I am flying through the explosions but they were actually being blown into me. There was no danger in what I did (as compared to other flights) and I consider myself a safe pilot. The sparks you see are made up of a dusty powder, nothing that could hurt the Phantom. The explosions were many yards away from the Phantom. I am curious, what did you see specifically that has you concerned?

LuvMyTJ said:
........What did you see specifically that has you concerned?

I really don't care about the wind. What I see is someone flying their bird IN the fireworks. What part of that is safe?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic