1000mw system for Phantom V1.2

Reaction score
I have looked at all 13 pages of this thread and if the answer is there I missed it. I was advised by a good friend to get no less then 1000mw fpv system and I was wondering if anyone has one, how they like it. If it works great I would be interested in knowing what I parts are needed and any other tips to get this started. I am hoping in the end to have a system that has perhaps both goggles and a tablet so I can take a passenger for a flight.

I'm new to fpv but why 1000mw??? You can get insane ranges out of 600 and smaller even. I have seen video of guys on 250mw get better than a mile away

chuddly said:
I'm new to fpv but why 1000mw??? You can get insane ranges out of 600 and smaller even. I have seen video of guys on 250mw get better than a mile away

I have a friend who has been doing this for awhile and he told me to get no less then 1000mw. He said the price savings isn't that much and with the correct antennas etc I could get much better range then 600mw. He is not available for me to get specifics and as I try and find a tried and true 1000mw system I can see the issue. I am going to take a harder look at the 600mw systems and see what I can figure out.

All the guys will tell you that antenna are more important than anything. Also from what I'm told the 1000 will just chew harder on an already more used battery

I am thinking that perhaps I should just see what is a good working setup that will give me a couple km range and be happy that I can learn from this. and not worry about how much wattage but hope you guys can tell me from experience what works without me directing you.

I am trying to figure out the transmitter and receiver and from what I am reading it is a good idea to get parts made by the same people. The Black Pearl screen and fat shark goggles both seem to be very good parts if paired with the correct antenna's and transmitters. I have received this advice

FPV: There's a ton of options, but if you want the simplest proven solution then just pick up the iOSD mini and Immersion 600mW video transmitter that lots of us are fond of:
http://www.readymaderc.com/store/index. ... cts_id=266
http://www.allerc.com/dji-mini-osd-for- ... -8232.html

...and the magic cable to wire all that up with no soldering required (it will work in a P1): http://www.firstpersonview.com/cables/p ... ransmitter

You'll also need a receiver and a monitor, or a combo unit that includes both. Goggles can be used in place of (or in addition) to those if you want. There's many options for those, have a look through our FPV section for input: viewforum.php?f=31

I hear horror stories of folks with no range or static on the screens usually caused by the wrong antennas or things like that. Is there any kind of comprohensive list that would be complete. I have seen carbon fiber boards advertised that I think I might need under the transmitter to hold it. Is there any link where this is explained? My problem I have many problems!! So sometimes I have difficulty in "getting it" anyhoo...Kids coming in a week, I need to be ready for them. thanks in advance for any help and directions.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik