100% Newbie Question Again

Reaction score
I'm a 100% newbie, so please bare with me and my more than likely redundant questions.
Was given a P3 Pro for my birthday. - I'm old - I deserve something cool.
My question is this. In Alaska where I am going in 3 weeks there is absolutely no cell coverage or internet of any kind.
I want to be able to use waypoints to cruise around this small lake I visit and take video coverage of the area and the cabin I'm staying at. Is this possible to do with no cell coverage or internet? I understand that I need to cache the map of the area where I'll be prior to losing all service, but what else do I need to do or be prepared for? Any assistance or advice is welcome. This would go for anyone in a similar situation where there is no coverage... Whats the best step by step way to achieve a waypoint mission in the middle of nowhere. THANKS!! MM69

I'm a 100% newbie, so please bare with me and my more than likely redundant questions.
Was given a P3 Pro for my birthday. - I'm old - I deserve something cool.
My question is this. In Alaska where I am going in 3 weeks there is absolutely no cell coverage or internet of any kind.
I want to be able to use waypoints to cruise around this small lake I visit and take video coverage of the area and the cabin I'm staying at. Is this possible to do with no cell coverage or internet? I understand that I need to cache the map of the area where I'll be prior to losing all service, but what else do I need to do or be prepared for? Any assistance or advice is welcome. This would go for anyone in a similar situation where there is no coverage... Whats the best step by step way to achieve a waypoint mission in the middle of nowhere. THANKS!! MM69
There is no need for internet or cell service to fly your Phantom.
But having a good background map is important to set up a waypoint mission in Litchi if you are intending to use that.
You can set up the mission in advance on your tablet and fly it when you get to Alaska after checking and confirming heights of waypoints to ensure you would clear any obstacles.

Don't make it your first time for waypoints.
Do several practice runs back home for experience so you have a good idea how it all works.

Reactions: Neon Euc and Oso
+1 on not letting it be your first time for waypoints.

Also @MileMarker69, I urge you to NOT choose now, so soon before your trip, to update everything. I can't tell you how many people have posted here, "It was working perfectly, then I updated and now nothing works." It seems this is often right before a critical need for a big job or a vacation. Chances are that all would be fine if you did update, but why risk it now when you can just wait a few weeks? By then, you'll already be back from Alaska with awesome video.

Reactions: Neon Euc and Meta4

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub