10% Battery Doesn't Start Charging

Reaction score
Hey All

I have 2 batteries, yesterday i did a flight, regular one, where i brought both of the batteries towards the critical level where the bird did an Auto Land. So around 10% if i remember properly.

Forgot to charge them yesterday. Today morning plugged the charger into one - nothing. The charge didn't start. Lights didn't appear at all.
Thought something was wrong with the battery. Plugged in the second one - same story.

After, i turned the battery on and AFTER plugged in, and the charge started. (Like when i usually top them off)

Has anyone heard about this case earlier? Is this normal?

Hey All

I have 2 batteries, yesterday i did a flight, regular one, where i brought both of the batteries towards the critical level where the bird did an Auto Land. So around 10% if i remember properly.

Forgot to charge them yesterday. Today morning plugged the charger into one - nothing. The charge didn't start. Lights didn't appear at all.
Thought something was wrong with the battery. Plugged in the second one - same story.

After, i turned the battery on and AFTER plugged in, and the charge started. (Like when i usually top them off)

Has anyone heard about this case earlier? Is this normal?
Since it happened to both batteries after the same treatment, it sounds normal right? Never happened to me but probably still okay.

I always switch on battery before connecting charger ... regardless of DJI saying not necessary when battery below 90%.

I have to switch on for my programmable LiPo charger anyway - so its habit and it certainly seems to do the biz for me with DJI chargers as well.

As to 10% .... not a good idea to do that too often .... if you do then its not a bad idea to give it a charge up to at least 25% (one fixed + one flashing Green LED's) ... and then store.

Nigel

(from the Intelligent Battery "manual" from DJI)
BATTERY CHARGING:
(3) The battery will enter hibernation mode if depleted and stored for a long period. When in hibernation mode, if you try to power on the battery, the battery power LED will show a solid red light and the battery level LEDs will all be off. You cannot manually turn off the battery power LED in this state. Leave the battery unattended for 5 minutes, and then the light will turn off. Recharge the battery to bring it out of hibernation.

While the situation you describe doesn't *exactly* fit the above scenario, is it possible (anybody?) that hibernation mode could be entered by some other mistake/glitch?

Art - N4PJ

The best thing to do with 'lazy batts' as this appears to be - stick it on charger and leave it alone ... don't play or press buttons while it is ... it may take an hour to wake up ....

DO NOT LEAVE UNATTENDED ---- I read of some people leaving to charge overnight ... sorry if it offends - but IDIOTIC !! LiPo's should never be left alone for periods while charging ...

Nigel

Reactions: Simzy666

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj