1 motor not working soon after update

Reaction score
Just updated my Phantom 3 Pro with the latest firmware. Soon after I went out to fly. When powering up the drone for flight, only 3 of the 4 rotors would spin and then it powered itself down automatically. My previous flight was a smooth flight with no problems.
Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated?!
Thanks

Just updated my Phantom 3 Pro with the latest firmware. Soon after I went out to fly. When powering up the drone for flight, only 3 of the 4 rotors would spin and then it powered itself down automatically. My previous flight was a smooth flight with no problems.
Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated?!
Thanks
I don't think the Upgrade caused that issue-- sounds like a connection issue-- did you get an ESC error message?

No ESC error at all, would you recommend changing the motor?
If it is still under warranty-- you could go that route-- probably least expensive but you will be without the use for quite some time-- 3 to eight weeks depending on where you have to send it.
If yours is not still under warranty-- you could take the top shell off and check the motor connections to the main board to make sure they are still solid.

If that looks good then you could check the motor independently to see if it will run by using an external ESC and Lipo. Motor could have a bad or loose circuit also.

The motors are fairly easy to replace.

Thanks for your help, it's only 3 months old so I think I'm gonna have to bite the bullet and send it away. Hopefully closer to the 3 week rather than 8 haha.
Many thanks

Just an update -
I updated to the latest firmware and drone working perfectly again.

Just an update -
I updated to the latest firmware and drone working perfectly again.
That makes no sense--- be cautious until you are sure that the motor problem doesn't exist any longer. I have never heard of a firmward upgrade "fixing" one motor. Good luck and keep us posted.:)

I did find another post of 1 other person with the same problem. Only have done 2 short flights, both nearby and keeping low until I gain confidence that it's not going fall from the sky. If I get any changes, I'll let you know.

Reactions: bobmyers

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik