1 Hour and 14 minutes on hold with DJI.

DJS

Reaction score
Good Evening,

I just purchased a Phantom 4 as my first aircraft in the Drone world. I haven't had much trouble setting it up other than the fact I had no idea the original battery charge (on the Aircraft battery) is 5 hrs long per the DJI support line. I am either blind or that is not mentioned in the manual..

Updating firmware on the controller was very simple. I have not yet connected the aircraft to the IPAD as the original battery charge, on the aircraft battery, is still ongoing.

I waited on hold with DJI for 74 minutes to be told their systems were down and they couldn't help me. 74 minutes to say too bad so sad ?? In the end I did get the battery information from the guy at DJI. Look forward to my first flight sometime soon.

5 hours initial charge or every charge is 5 hours?

5 hours initial charge or every charge is 5 hours?

Per DJI 5 hrs initial charge only. Around 90 minutes after that. I am repeating what they told me as I have no experience as of yet.

Welcome to Phantom Pilots! :)

The aircraft battery should only take about 1 hour to charge (even on the first charge). Perhaps they were referring to the remote controller. That does take a few hours to charge when it's low.

I waited on hold with DJI for 74 minutes to be told their systems were down and they couldn't help me. 74 minutes to say too bad so sad ?
Stop by here first next time and you'll probably wait no more than 5 minutes to get an answer ;)

Thank you for the response. I clarified my question to DJI 3 times confirming the 5 hr charge time was in reference to the aircraft battery ( I never saw that in the manual). It is possible the employee at DJI is mistaken, however, each time he said yes the aircraft battery requires an initial 5 hr charge. I then went to their chat (at the DJI web site) and they said the very same thing.

I initially charged the battery 90 minutes and could not make the battery stay on when inserted into the aircraft. Per the instructions I press 1 time release...press a second time for 2 seconds and the battery should stay on. It did not. The battery has currently been on the charger for about 3 hrs and is not displaying any LED's. I do not know if that is correct or incorrect.

Per the instructions I press 1 time release...press a second time for 2 seconds and the battery should stay on.
Press the battery button, release it, press it again, and hold it for 2-3 seconds. It should power on at that point.

The battery has currently been on the charger for about 3 hrs and is not displaying any LED's.
The LEDs will shut off when the battery is done charging.

I clarified my question to DJI 3 times confirming the 5 hr charge time was in reference to the aircraft battery ( I never saw that in the manual).
Here's what the product information shows for the battery charger:

"The Phantom 4 Series Battery Charger is used to charge the Phantom 4 Intelligent Flight Battery and remote controller by connecting to a power outlet. It will take approximately 1 hour 10 minutes to fully charge a Phantom 4 Intelligent Flight Battery."

Welcome to the forum .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
This bunch here are the smartest you will find anywhere :)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl