1 day strong, next day weak image transmission signal! What's causing this

Reaction score
I live on a perfect lake to fly long distances, in my stock P4.
Well it's long distances for me.
Normally 10-1600ft/over 3 miles one way.
Only thing I have extra is a $10-$20 copper bunny ears from Best Buy.
As of the last 2 weeks I've been getting shut down around 8,000ft. out, then the next day it goes back working fine again cruising out 3+ miles.. So what's causing this?
I'd like to know what type of software it is that you can show your flight log, or what your seeing during the flight... I would like to have that, in case if something bizzarre happens, that I don't understand, maybe posting the video to others might help.
Also I'm heading to Daytona Beach for the Daytona 500,after that I'll be heading down to the Florida Keys for a week!!
So what's some bad boy video editing software, but is dummy friendly. Not a computer wiz, actually I'm most likely the worst lol.
Here is some info on my new laptop.
Thanks foe any input.
Alienware 17 Gaming Laptop.
Model R4
Silver
Intel Core i7-6700HQ Processor
16GB Memory
128GB Solid State Drive+1TB
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 + 8GB
Windows 10

Attachments

• IMG_6545.PNG
    IMG_6545.PNG
    3 MB · Views: 444
  • IMG_6546.JPG
    IMG_6546.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 376
Wind plays a big part for distance At least for my p4 using same set up as you with parabolic extenders

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Wind plays a big part for distance At least for my p4 using same set up as you with parabolic extenders

That's the problem, the wind had been fairly consistent, and that's if there is any wind at all, I've flown 3 miles in a 15-20mph head wind in P-Mode going 17mph, then heading back in sports mode, doing 45mph.
Then the last week the lake has been like glass, it's been so calm, and it's doing every other day.

Do you have an app to give the Kp index for each day you fly Could be there's to much magnetic interference some days. I know where I am some days it gets up to 4 or 5 on the scale. It's recommended no fly at 4

That's the problem, the wind had been fairly consistent, and that's if there is any wind at all, I've flown 3 miles in a 15-20mph head wind in P-Mode going 17mph, then heading back in sports mode, doing 45mph.
Then the last week the lake has been like glass, it's been so calm, and it's doing every other day.

I'm still a newb yet too but I pretty much guarantee if you search through the discussion and help threads you'll find your answer. Lots of info on here

Do you have an app to give the Kp index for each day you fly Could be there's to much magnetic interference some days. I know where I am some days it gets up to 4 or 5 on the scale. It's recommended no fly at 4

Man I'm totally clueless about that lol.
And just when I thought I was getting good with my drone lol. Is there a website that'll tell me how it's been for Conroe, Texas. Willis, Texas, Montgomery, Texas. Basically the entire county of Montgomery. Lake Conroe is about 60 miles north of Houston, Texas in Montgomery county.
That theory would explain a lot, but can the kp index change that drastically?
To where I'm flying 16,000ft., then 18-20 hours later I'm flying barely over a mile before it goes haywire?

I'm still a newb yet too but I pretty much guarantee if you search through the discussion and help threads you'll find your answer. Lots of info on here
Well dang, by the looks from this chart, it peaked, but hasn't done a whole lot to make this much of a shake up.

Attachments

• IMG_6598.PNG
    IMG_6598.PNG
    489.5 KB · Views: 347
I use the UAV forecast app. I get the same outcome with distance as well I know not the answer Msinger is a knowledgable member on here he may ave an answer

Last edited:
I use the UAV forecast app. I get the same outcome with distance as well I know not the answer Msinger is a knowledgable member on here he may ave an answer

Yeah I've researched a lot of questions from other members, and I've always enjoy reading his comments!! He defiantly knows his stuff.
Man I'm sitting here board, tempted to make a quick night flight lol

Attachments

• IMG_6608.JPG
    IMG_6608.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 280

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member