1.9.60 firmware and first NO SIGNAL experience

Reaction score
Probably it is not the firmware for the NO signal or poor signal but nobody knows...I have experienced a poor signal with 1.8 firmware also.........

Just a test flight in order to test the latest firmware 1.9 and also to see if there is any problem with the compass (last flight I received a compass error exist P…)

Well I have received 2-3 times during flight a image transmission weak signal and also 1 for the remote. Everything was ok and I decided to test the maximum flight height. Again no issue and when received image weak I just pointed the control to the right position.

During my descent and at about 400m height I experienced for the first time No signal and a blank screen on the DJI GO. This is the first time that I was facing such an error. DJI GO suggested RTH and I followed the proposal !. I entered into RTH but I was afraid that “that was it” I am also another person that lost his P3. During RTH I tried numerous time to restart the application but I was receiving no signal again. While I was in light panic and trying to reboot device in order to start the DJI GO I just heard the beautiful sound of the motors !!!!!

Ok the P3 was descending above the home point so I thought that it may miss the home point and land on the tree next to me. I was ready to hand catch it (if I would have the chance) but I realized that the control was working I was able to navigate the aircraft no matter the NO SIGNAL on the DJI GO on the screen.

So returned safely to home and I just performed a short test flight in order to see that everything was ok.

In healthy drones I have seen from the flight log that I have a very poor signal during my flight but I do not know why. Firmware, hardware, application DJI GO ,,Summer Interference WHO KNOWS ????? why I have a poor signal in a area that I used to fly often.

Tried to explain this to DJI ( 4 times round trip to service center for gimbal vibration ) but they told me that my P3 is thoroughly checked and the poor signal is interference.
ijQW7J9.jpg

ojwIW2k.jpg

Flying at 400 m heights definitely need precise antenna alignment. RC antennas should be perpendicular to line connecting RC with AC. You may notice that optimum angle between RC antenna and AC antennas increase with increase in heights. I don't have RF meter, so I don't know the amount of effect on the signal strength but there would be definitely some impact. To me this is not an FW 1.8 or 1.9 issue.

Probably it is not the firmware for the NO signal or poor signal ....

But you couldn't resist implying that in your title?

:confused:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31