£30 drone the best advice yet

Reaction score
So I recently decided to start my own aerial photography company.

Business Advice | DJI Phantom Forum

After sifting through pages and pages of forums/websites on the subject I found one piece of very important information, "Before you buy a Phantom 3 buy a cheap £30 drone like a Syma X5C and get used to that first. Anyway I bought the Syma took it to the beach, powered it up, pushed up on the throttle and.......... I never saw the drone again. Whoever you were thanks for the advice, back to the drawing board, another Syma is in post and I will be flying a bit more cautiously next time.

Aiden

So I recently decided to start my own aerial photography company.

Business Advice | DJI Phantom Forum

After sifting through pages and pages of forums/websites on the subject I found one piece of very important information, "Before you buy a Phantom 3 buy a cheap £30 drone like a Syma X5C and get used to that first. Anyway I bought the Syma took it to the beach, powered it up, pushed up on the throttle and.......... I never saw the drone again. Whoever you were thanks for the advice, back to the drawing board, another Syma is in post and I will be flying a bit more cautiously next time.

Aiden

Yeah that can't deal with wind... So try it first in your driveway.

Might want to look at some basic videos on the controls as well.

There didn't appear to be any wind at all. I sent it up high, started moving it forward then it flew so far away I couldn't see which way the drone was pointing making it impossible to guide it back to me. It just seem to keep going and going. Shame it didn't have headless mode. Looking at training videos now :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20