£20 tablet with 10.1" screen for phantom........

Reaction score
Screenshot (125).png
Screenshot (124).png
Ok so I took the plunge and went for a "bargain" of a tablet to view the drone from the camera. too good to be true, well.... it made me think. my phone is unbranded (ulefone power) cost's around £115 and it handles live footage flawlessly... then their is the expensive galaxy S7 which is causing a lot of problems.... so I thought "what the hell" nothing to lose. big names doesn't mean it's going to be better so I went for this underdog.

then another thought hit me... people have said you need a powerful processor on a tablet to give the live view...well that's when it hit me. its not the tablet giving you the live view.... its the remote..after all that's what connects to the phantom, all the remote does is feed the signal in a "plug in and play" manner to the tablet.

so my theory is this... if a tablet can watch youtube videos, then surely it can watch the footage that the remote is sending to it. so I decided to take the plunge. when I receive it I will let you know how it goes. but I thought I would share my theory (which may be wrong) and also keep you updated on how it performed during flight as soon as I get it.

Reactions: Jimbocom
I'd imagine all you have to worry about is android app compatibility with it's android version..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

grab it while you can..... just seen the same tablet for £80 in a well known shop called argos. I believe this is a limited deal that I got and it's going so fast
Screenshot (127).png

I'd imagine all you have to worry about is android app compatibility with it's android version..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The android app runs smooth on my unbranded phone. no problems so far fingers crossed but the tablet is more or less the same spec as my phone :)

I should imagine it will be posted out to me within the next 24 hours. But will Def give it a review. I would Def recommend grabbing one if they are still available

Sent from my Power using PhantomPilots mobile app

Yeah i will wait to know how it work with djigo because i am canadian and it still expensive for me haha

Matt sent from note 3.

I have a seven inch version of that. It is terrible. The resolution is awful and the screen is way to dim. It is EXTREMELY slow. I used it for maybe an hour and put it back in the box and it has been there since. It was a waste of $50.

Guys last Christmas Best Buy had a Asus Tablet for $49. It was a 10" tablet I think too.

It will work, because it's android. But it's totally horrible graphics.

Spend $200 and get a cheap iPad Mini

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Ok well i will get the shield k1 then thank alot guys for all the feedback!

Matt sent from note 3.

It's been removed off ebay now.
1474214165717.png

Unfortunately it was a scam... My second one this week lol but a lesson learned tho.... This is a new scam being used on eBay so hopefully that might help people think twice about a cheap tablet
Guys last Christmas Best Buy had a Asus Tablet for $49. It was a 10" tablet I think too.

It will work, because it's android. But it's totally horrible graphics.

Spend $200 and get a cheap iPad Mini

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

It will take a few days but it will eventually get a refund. Really needed to highlight this scam as tablets are now getting more and more used with our phantoms. What I found interesting is the two tablets I went for was around £20-£25 so ideally any tablet at that price will most likely be a scam

Unfortunately that old saying "If it's too good to be true..."

I bought a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 for £45 earlier as my phantom tablet instead.

Reactions: Neon Euc
Galaxy tab 2 for 80$ wow where!

Matt sent from note 3.

It was off eBay UK - 2nd hand but as long as it beats my 5" phone. I've listened to the wife too often.. those 2 inches matter! :)

And I'd sat on eBay most of the afternoon either looking for a Hudl 2 (UK Superstore own brand) or Samsung Tab 2 as they are both cheaper than my third option of a Nexus 7 2nd gen. Plenty of bidding but this one I won

Oh and £45 is $58 USD!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1