P4PV2 - My YAW Issues Solved!

Reaction score
Today I shot a video of my neighbor's back yard w/ house and fenced perimeter in field of view could not believe the drift experienced in yaw...neighbor asked for me to do this...

Rather than bother w/ calibration steps, I stumbled on this topic on DJI forum and for years have read about yaw drift issues on P4PV2s but never experienced it until today...residual magnetism on compass sensors is the culprit.

Decided to take a Han-D-Mag degaussing tool, used to de-mag recording heads, and can not describe the words in the stellar results obtained.

The amazing thing is, there was no DJI Go4 alerts of any kind to recalibrate compass when I first flew drone after the degaussing session, huh?

Technique used is activate degaussing tool and slowly approach front optical sensor on first leg...the compass sensor is mounted under the optical sensor but proximity matters to keep degaussing tip no closer than 1/2"-3/4"...the vibration feedback felt is enough to know there's a de-magnetitzing effect happening.

Circular figure-8 motions about 2" loop in 5-second cycles...move in slowly move away slowly repeat for each leg.

I'm genuinely stunned at the good results and highly recommend this to others and seriously, do not try this with a permanent magnet.

Reactions: Pygar70

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesmith1016